Devonports, which size A/T tyres, 235/65 or 225/65 with B14 suspension?

j4ckal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So been planning this for combination for a while (and I realise it isn't everyone's cup of tea) but keep changing my mind. Decided now I'm going to go through with it and put some AT tyres on the devonports, if i like it they will be ideal to keep on for winter.

The van is lowered on B14's, full camper so a bit of weight in it. Seen some lovely looking combos of AT tyres/off road rims on lowered vans, sadly I can't stretch to another set of wheels at the minute so the devonports (which I do like) with spacers will do.

The question is should I go 235/65 or 225/65 for a bit of extra clearance and keep the dia. within 5% of oem?

Tyre wise looking at;
- GG at3's
- Falken wildpeak at
- Scorpion at+

Will be running 30mm spacers on the rear and potentially 20mm on the front.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I would definitely go for (how low are you? about 30mm drop?)

225/65/17 Pirelli Scorpion AT+ and no bigger (tyre diameter)

with 25mm spacers all round.

You can always get the devonports refinished in loads of different colours

Just one thing, the tyres are load rated to 102, so too low if you are a T32

I would definitely go for (how low are you? about 30mm drop?)

225/65/17 Pirelli Scorpion AT+ and no bigger (tyre diameter)

with 25mm spacers all round.

You can always get the devonports refinished in loads of different colours

Just one thing, the tyres are load rated to 102, so too low if you are a T32

Ayup Chris, we have spoke about this before and i'd kind of settled on the scorpions you recommend, I think @Redsurfbus was/is running this combo?

Its just I've seen quite a few running 235/65's with offroad rims (ie. Kmc Holeshots etc) together with b14's, the 235 profile seems to fill the arch nicely at the expense of a potential rub and speedo error...
I'm thinking the 235's may be a step too far for me, but do look good :cool:

Drop wise, I'm not sure what the b14s are fully wound up, 40-50mm I guess?

I'll be sticking with the 30mm rear spacers as I already have them and will most likely pair with a 20mm up front so they both sit the same in the arches.

Colour wise, yes i'm contemplating doing them either satin black or possibly a dark/anthracite grey? Anyone else changed colour on their devonports?

Cheers.

I sent some devonports to the powder coating today .
Will be 2 weeks before I get them back , gone for Orbit gray . Bit like anthracite . BMW colour apparently as the guy I took them to does a lot for BMW.
got some BFG 225/65/17 on order . Slightly worried it might rub as I have 40mm lowered . Only one way to find out !

Looking forward to seeing them @Brennanpj I still have no idea what to put on my van!

Good to meet you on Sunday .
Enjoy the new van , and be prepared to empty your bank account to fund the mods !
The devonports you sold me are in great condition.:thumbsup:

Tyre wise looking at;
- GG at3's
- Falken wildpeak at
- Scorpion at+

Out of those options I would be going for the GG AT3, had them on my old Amarok and were brilliant and couldn't fault them. Wouldn't hesitate to get again. Were good in all weathers and predictable road manners too.

Tyres are 225/65/17 .
I can’t see you having any issues without spacers and with standard suspension .

Nice one, thanks :)
Any improvement to ride or adverse effect on noise / mpg?
I'm waiting for current tyres to wear out (few months) and then will be going along this route :D

Ride comfort is definitely improved .
They hum / buzz a bit at about 40mph but not to bad .
Cant say on mpg at the moment as I have not driven enough.
The speedo reads the same as the GPS . So all good .

Back