Despair or Delight!

480bhp

204 DSG SWB T6
T6 Pro
Having placed my order on the 6th of September, i'm now embarking on the VW order system mystery ride.

It seems there's little correlation between order date and delivery date, with everyone having differing circumstances and specifications.

So I thought i'd start a thread for my order, feel free to add your own guesstimate on when i'll receive the van.
On the 6th i was told provisional build week 49, that soon changed to 47 and as of yesterday is now week 42 (only provisionally though)

So after several changes to the spec, it is now confirmed as:

T32 204Pps DSG Highline Van
Blackberry
Tailgate
Led lights front and rear
Carpet in Cab
App connect
Discover Media Nav
Rubber load lining
Full hardboard lining (There's some racking going in)
130mph Adaptive cruise control
Front and rear parking sensors
Rear spoiler
T5.1 Matt black alloys
30mm Lowering springs
Stainless effect rear bumper protector

And that's it, can't wait to get it, sooner the better, originally i wasn't that fussed that i was told early Jan, but now it's different, like a spoilt kid, i want it now! :D

Having placed my order on the 6th of September, i'm now embarking on the VW order system mystery ride.

It seems there's little correlation between order date and delivery date, with everyone having differing circumstances and specifications.

So I thought i'd start a thread for my order, feel free to add your own guesstimate on when i'll receive the van.
On the 6th i was told provisional build week 49, that soon changed to 47 and as of yesterday is now week 42 (only provisionally though)

Blackberry
Tailgate
Carpet in Cab
App connect
Discover Media Nav
Rubber load lining
Rear spoiler
T5.1 Matt black alloys
30mm Lowering springs

And that's it, can't wait to get it, sooner the better, originally i wasn't that fussed that i was told early Jan, but now it's different, like a spoilt kid, i want it now! :D
sweet

204 FWD?! Might need to budget for front tyres. Even the 4motion version gets a bit lively as you floor it. It'll be pretty nippy when it's dry though - even our heavy Cali is pretty rapid.

When we ordered, it was VWCS who were talking utter BS - I think they've outsourced it to the lowest bidder because it used to be much better. My dealer was actually the most accurate on timings.

Mine was ordered with 7k of factory extras on 20th September 2015 and was collected from the dealer 13th Jan 2016. It did arrive at he dealer a few days before Christmas but then had to have the leather seats & dealer fit bits added plus the Xmas holiday delays pushed it back another couple of weeks. I doubt if things have changed much since but hope your lucky and reicieve it sooner @480bhp

@480bhp ordered mine on the 7th September and have an unconfirmed delivery date week 44 not heard any different yet. The wait is starting to get to me now!

Yeah i think the arrival date is just a lottery, i'll be happy if i see it this side of Christmas, but realistically i'm still expecting mid Jan.
I can only live in hope :D

Blackberry
Tailgate
Carpet in Cab
App connect
Discover Media Nav
Rubber load lining
Rear spoiler
T5.1 Matt black alloys
30mm Lowering springs

Like the 130mph ACC, I stuck at the wimpy 100mph, call me" a big girls blouse":laugh:

Like the 130mph ACC, I stuck at the wimpy 100mph, call me" a big girls blouse":laugh:

I did comment to the dealer that why would someone need the 130mph option on UK roads, and that is seemed a pointless option, to which he offered no counter argument and agreed with my original thoughts, it was only when i looked deeper in to the 2 options I realised it was missing the "Forward collision warning incl. autonomous emergency braking"

The city braking option which is available on both models is only active up to 18mph iirc

We have the "Forward collision warning incl. autonomous emergency braking" on the Golf GTE and it's a useful bit of kit, and for only £170 (price after discount) it will probably be more useful on van weighing twice the average car.

Word on the Street is the van should arrive at the dealers Monday :D

They reckon they can turn it around (i.e. fit the additions) in a few days, so give or take a little, i reckon it could be on the drive by Friday next week. :thumbsup:

I did comment to the dealer that why would someone need the 130mph option on UK roads, and that is seemed a pointless option, to which he offered no counter argument and agreed with my original thoughts, it was only when i looked deeper in to the 2 options I realised it was missing the "Forward collision warning incl. autonomous emergency braking"

The city braking option which is available on both models is only active up to 18mph iirc

We have the "Forward collision warning incl. autonomous emergency braking" on the Golf GTE and it's a useful bit of kit, and for only £170 (price after discount) it will probably be more useful on van weighing twice the average car.
Hi @480bhp, I missed your response some months ago, Please can you expand upon the differences? between the 100mph v's 130mph ACC, I asked a similar question but my dealer missed out some of your explanation. Are you saying that only the 130ACC has auto breaking?
Good luck with the new van

Had this on my Golf. It stopped me from smashing it into my beetle when I was in first instead of revers one morning lol! It works!

Hi @480bhp, I missed your response some months ago, Please can you expand upon the differences? between the 100mph v's 130mph ACC, I asked a similar question but my dealer missed out some of your explanation. Are you saying that only the 130ACC has auto breaking?
Good luck with the new van

Hi Chris, the dealer wasn't really helpful with this, and the differences between the 100 and 130 options are in the wording on the options list, as i've no experience of either on a T6 i can't be certain on the differences, But yes the 130 option does auto brake for you at all times, it can be annoying sometimes as it takes no account of the fact the vehicle in front could be turning left or right and you intend to drive through the space the vehicle in front has just vacated, but sensing a collision is about to happen it brakes for you.
I'm not sure if the 100 option has this, but from wording it didn't seem like it did, as you have the 100 option fitted maybe you could confirm this?

The Golf has the equivalent of the 130 option fitted, and it's great, on the day i bought the car, while returning the 125 miles back home, the traffic on the M1 suddenly come to an abrupt halt, i went for the brake, and in the that split second from sensing what was happening to applying the brake myself, the car was already braking for me. It's only a split second quicker than an alert driver, but that could be all difference between stopping and contact.

It's Here and i've seen it in the flesh :):D

Everything is in place to be completed and i should be picking it up Wednesday afternoon.

Overall a pretty good experience and it will be 85 days since ordering to collection, judging on others experience thats pretty quick :thumbsup:

Hi Chris, the dealer wasn't really helpful with this, and the differences between the 100 and 130 options are in the wording on the options list, as i've no experience of either on a T6 i can't be certain on the differences, But yes the 130 option does auto brake for you at all times, it can be annoying sometimes as it takes no account of the fact the vehicle in front could be turning left or right and you intend to drive through the space the vehicle in front has just vacated, but sensing a collision is about to happen it brakes for you.
I'm not sure if the 100 option has this, but from wording it didn't seem like it did, as you have the 100 option fitted maybe you could confirm this?

The Golf has the equivalent of the 130 option fitted, and it's great, on the day i bought the car, while returning the 125 miles back home, the traffic on the M1 suddenly come to an abrupt halt, i went for the brake, and in the that split second from sensing what was happening to applying the brake myself, the car was already braking for me. It's only a split second quicker than an alert driver, but that could be all difference between stopping and contact.

Yes I think you are right, I checked the online config and there is a difference; I ordered mine before that tool was available. I'm a bit miffed, as I would have certainly had that option for a an extra £250, given that I spent a bloody fortune on extras another £1/4k would have made no difference. Mine brakes for the city emergency braking, but only at low speeds. I was in the dealers today as my rear view camera is playing up, and mentioned this to him, he still did not know about this difference. In fact I am a bit than than more miffed, because that could be a real life saver; wonder if its just a case of switching the radar module at the front? I am going to ask the dealer to look into this, but not holding my breath.

Good luck with the van, look forward to the pics :):)

Yes I think you are right, I checked the online config and there is a difference; I ordered mine before that tool was available. I'm a bit miffed, as I would have certainly had that option for a an extra £250, given that I spent a bloody fortune on extras another £1/4k would have made no difference. Mine brakes for the city emergency braking, but only at low speeds. I was in the dealers today as my rear view camera is playing up, and mentioned this to him, he still did not know about this difference. In fact I am a bit than than more miffed, because that could be a real life saver; wonder if its just a case of switching the radar module at the front? I am going to ask the dealer to look into this, but not holding my breath.

Good luck with the van, look forward to the pics :):)

The plot thickens Chris, i spoke to the dealer today and when checking the spec of my van, he just said ACC, i asked which one as there's no obvious way to tell, so he had to call VW to check, mine has got the 130 option fitted as ordered, (code is PAD for the 130 and PAC for the 99) but it has now been removed from the options list for future orders! so all future T6's will have the PAC as you have, the salesman i spoke to today wasn't aware of there ever being 2 options in the first place. (the 130mph option still shows on the Configurator, but it can't be ordered)

I would think it's more likely a software difference, the difference between them, is the 99 option only brakes when the ACC is active, whereas the 130mph option Brakes regardless of whether the ACC is activated or not.

Back