Deposit Down

Minimilo

Miles Glover
T6 Pro
Deposit down today on a new T30 150 TDI Highline Kombi in indium grey. Pick it up next Friday! This forum has been great for ideas and inspiration. Cheers.

Wow, very exciting. Enjoy your van and get some pics up next week after your pick up.

Any suggestions on a good insurance company? The only mod I am going to do over the 12 months is carpeting and insulation.

Looks Fantastic, not got mine yet but had Insurance Quote from Aviva plus spoken to them good price.

Was shocked when you said Deposit down picking up next Friday as I order Late August not due to mid to late November.

Cheers Guys. I had a quote from Aviva and it was a good price. I have gone with Adrian Flux. Aviva don't cover mods (not that I am planning at the moment to do too many). @VWROBERT - The kombi was in stock at my local dealer. If I have had a factory build it would of been 12 wks.

Cheers Guys. I had a quote from Aviva and it was a good price. I have gone with Adrian Flux. Aviva don't cover mods (not that I am planning at the moment to do too many). @VWROBERT - The kombi was in stock at my local dealer. If I have had a factory build it would of been 12 wks.
Miles Not heard of Adrian Flux ! will check them out for costs. I am not planning any mods other than sound proofing carpet lining and maybe seeing if I can fit removable day bed as and when needed.

Miles Not heard of Adrian Flux ! will check them out for costs. I am not planning any mods other than sound proofing carpet lining and maybe seeing if I can fit removable day bed as and when needed.
These are the same mods that I plan to do. I mentioned carpeting to the lady from Aviva and I was put on hold for a second time for ages (the first time was for my towbar) and in the end I just gave up. I think I was on the phone for 1/2 hour to them. Just too much like hard work!

Just for note I'm with Adrian flux but there are a few reports on here that mention in the event of an accident they only give you the value of your panel van showroom price even if you've converted it. There is a system in place that allows you to send photos from certain angles and they can re-evaluate the vans value. The has to be done before an accident. I however can't complain about the service received from Adrian flux. I also havn't had to claim which is where a lot of insurers let your down.

Just for note I'm with Adrian flux but there are a few reports on here that mention in the event of an accident they only give you the value of your panel van showroom price even if you've converted it. There is a system in place that allows you to send photos from certain angles and they can re-evaluate the vans value. The has to be done before an accident. I however can't complain about the service received from Adrian flux. I also havn't had to claim which is where a lot of insurers let your down.
Oh ok, I have been given a quote from Aviva and have spoke to them but till I get a delivery date, I have not gone intop details of what I would change in the van, but would surprised it carpeting the back of a van would be a concern for insurance. I am buying my van on pcp and have asked vwvc is this something I can do under the pcp agreement and they said it would be fine, as if in 3 years the van is not my thing or worse the whole world is against Diesel engines I will just hand it back.

Oh ok, I have been given a quote from Aviva and have spoke to them but till I get a delivery date, I have not gone intop details of what I would change in the van, but would surprised it carpeting the back of a van would be a concern for insurance. I am buying my van on pcp and have asked vwvc is this something I can do under the pcp agreement and they said it would be fine, as if in 3 years the van is not my thing or worse the whole world is against Diesel engines I will just hand it back.
Do the Aviva drive app thingy... its well worth it!
Oh ok, not heard about that Aviva app will have a look thanks .

I did this in the course of a shift... I drive absolutely to the book... I wasn’t harsh on the braking or the steeering and I was smooth as you like on the accelerator.. you get scored in 5 or 6 areas and there are stars awarded. To cut a long story short I dropped something like 8 stars out of an available 280 ish. When they scored me I got 60%!!! I called Aviva and sent the screen shots to their tech team who said they couldn’t account for it. They then bumped my score up to the maximum discount. The moral of the story is.. check the scores when you have them! It saved me over £130

Back