Denby pop top help???

monkeytrumpet

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I'm in need of help! I'm fitting a denby pop top to a t6 and it just doesn't fit. It's almost like it's designed for a different van! I can't work out how the front support frame fits at all, or the side plates. Has anyone any experience of doing this? I'm totally stuck! And to make matters worse, I now have the roof cut out so I can't even drive the van!

I'm in need of help! I'm fitting a denby pop top to a t6 and it just doesn't fit. It's almost like it's designed for a different van! I can't work out how the front support frame fits at all, or the side plates. Has anyone any experience of doing this? I'm totally stuck! And to make matters worse, I now have the roof cut out so I can't even drive the van!

What's happening? Can you provide some photos? I know the instruction weren't great for the front assembly and we had to do something different around the grab handles.

What's happening? Can you provide some photos? I know the instruction weren't great for the front assembly and we had to do something different around the grab handles.

There is a large gap between the frame and the roof of around 20mm with the frame as high as it will go, and the side brackets don't seem to line up with anything at all. I'm thinking I will need to cut off the bracket for the grab handle as it's just in the way, and maybe bend the side brackets slightly to get them to the right angle??

I do remember having the same issue. I have to apologise I can not remember how I got round it. It was fairly simple.

If you are 100% confident the front edge is cut correctly the front edge of the frame needs to meet it. If I remember correctly we had to cut more out of the roof/cant rails. We tech screwed the grab handles plates in place too as the instructions did not match. A couple of photos below to help. I have no photos of the underside unfortunately.

20200815_133438.jpg20200815_162814.jpg

Back