Damp Inside Pop Top Front Corners

scotty

39B0E979-DBA6-48FF-9DE3-380E2F7CDE72.jpeg Hi all

Just had few days camping in the lakes and after night of rain both front corners inside the pop top were wet and the canvas outside is as photo. Anyone experienced this before ? Have a solution ??
Cheers

No direct experience (the SCA 'canvas' is not attached to the roof in the same way as yours), but the watermark pattern and the surface beading of the water suggests to me that its not the waterproofing of the fabric that is at fault but that the water is creeping up from the roof joint rather than penetrating?

Not good - that watermark looks like it could be there to stay. As above, it looks like the canvas is sitting in a well of water - could be design or fitting?? What sort of roof is it.

Trip to the installers/converters me thinks.

Just a thought, did you have anything pushing up against the canvas from inside (touching the inside of wet canvas can draw the moisture through)?

Cheers for your thoughts.
Just got it back from the converters - they said the roof bolts were slightly loose and have been retightened and they’ve reproved the roof.
Fingers crossed it’s sorted

Let’s hope it was the loose bolts at fault.

Is the watermark still there? Also, as per @Rookie comments - the water beading suggests the water proofing was working ok?? I’d get it out in the rain (or under a light hose) to test ASAP.

The converters tested it with a hose and sent me the video showing inside was dry - I’m hoping that’s the end of it !!!
Camping trip this weekend to test it although looking like a dry BH weekend !!!

Back