Damaged bumper.

1up

Hi all
I've managed to put a dent in my rear bumper that I doubt can be repaired.
Where's a good place to order a new one from?
I was thinking that maybe the damage could be filled and then have them sprayed same colour as the van as they are just black plastic at the moment.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
I feel pretty gutted about it.

Gutted for you, have seen a few vids of people pouring boiling water over a damaged bumper to pop it out, never tried it though.

Reactions: 1up
Gutted for you, have seen a few vids of people pouring boiling water over a damaged bumper to pop it out, never tried it though.
Yeah I've seen that too but it's not that kind of dent, its on the corner and was caused by an upright bolt.

The hot water trick works well. Did it to our qashqai just before we traded it in. Dent had been there for 18 months. Damage was totally gone after. Was well impressed with myself. Saved the cost of new bumper and paint.

Use a heat to hear the bumper up gently until it's to hot to touch. Not so hot it crinkles the paint. Get your hands behind it and start pushing from the outside shoulder of the dent inwards.

I did this on a t5 bumper for a customer but it was still quite rippled. In ended up buying a new textured bumper for £80 and fitting it charging an hours of my time.

Heat will not do the trick, I reckon it will have to be a new bumper.
Anyone know of a place to order from please?

I think you are close to me (Devon) PM me your VRN/VIN if you want me to get you a price but i would show @RattyMcClelland some pictures first as hes a bodywork man so will be able to give you advice

Thanks for all your replies folks, I do appreciate it.
I'll take a photo tomorrow when it's light.
You'll be wondering what all the fuss was about as it's not that big but its my pride and joy and I want it to be pristine.

Back