Daft question

Chris1983

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello,

Prob daft question.

One of pop top surround lights keep ‘popping out’.

I have tried manipulating back up into what looks like plywood surround, feel like I am in danger of damaging wood.

Anyone got any tips for a divvy?

Many thanks.

Chris

On late shift, will post pics asap. It basically however just the whole light hanging by its wires, push back up and it sits until van driven etc and then falls again. Wonder if I may need to do some clever Velcro ing or something

Looks like this. Loose. But when I push up, feels like starting to damage surrounding wood. Any thoughts tips etc welcome

I'd try putting some PVC electrical tape around the inside and then carefully folding back to hold down the edge of the carpet and the top of the ply.

I suspect the carpet is holding the fitting out and the spring clip may be lifting the top ply surface a bit.

For house ceiling down lights you can get protector rings to put in the plasterboard to stop it being chewed up by the very strong springs they use. If you measure your fitting you might find one that would work for you, it might need the back cutting down a bit to fit your thinner board.

If the retaining clips sound like they are damaging the ply wood when you are forcing them in then the light falls out. It sounds to me like the retaining clips need adjusted. If they are crushing the ply then not holding then I’d try squeezing the clips more closed so they are not crushing the ply and have a chance to located properly.
I’d also rotate the light so it not a crushed bit of plywood that the clips sit on.

Back