Czech Republic

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Looks like I'll probably end up in Slovenia again in Sept, after bumming around southern Germany for a while, but on my way back I want to take a bit different route from what I did last time. I need to end up near Oldenburg in northern Germany the night before my ferry back, but to get there I'm thinking of going straight up through Austria, through Czech republic (which seems to be called Czechia now while I wasn't looking) and then through Eastern Germany.

Anyone any suggestions of where to stay/things to see along that route? It's not cast in stone, I'm probably going to do it over 3 days so can divert either side if there's something worth catching. Not Prague though, done that several times, but I have no other experience of Czechia, or eastern Germany apart from Berlin.

Hi @andys

I am Dave’s wife from Prague. If you will be coming in CZ from Austria you will probably come through Dolni Dvoriste, so if you have 3days, I would stay in the south-west area.

Cesky Krumlov is very nice town, most famous for the canoeing, lots of nice pubs there, also tourist as well...

Ceske Budejovice is quite a big town, with the biggest square square in Europe, I like it, I must say :)typical Czech architecture I would say...

I would go to National Park Sumava, part of it is in CZ, part in Germany. Places like Kvilda, Horska Kvilda and surrounding is very nice, would walk to top of Boubin, there is the source of the longest czech river Vltava...

There is the biggest Czech “lake” Lipno (not that big at all), with nice villages around to stay. Lipno nad Vltavou is quite “tourist” popular...

If you want to know more, let me know

Hi @andys

I am Dave’s wife from Prague. If you will be coming in CZ from Austria you will probably come through Dolni Dvoriste, so if you have 3days, I would stay in the south-west area.

Cesky Krumlov is very nice town, most famous for the canoeing, lots of nice pubs there, also tourist as well...

Ceske Budejovice is quite a big town, with the biggest square square in Europe, I like it, I must say :)typical Czech architecture I would say...

I would go to National Park Sumava, part of it is in CZ, part in Germany. Places like Kvilda, Horska Kvilda and surrounding is very nice, would walk to top of Boubin, there is the source of the longest czech river Vltava...

There is the biggest Czech “lake” Lipno (not that big at all), with nice villages around to stay. Lipno nad Vltavou is quite “tourist” popular...

If you want to know more, let me know
That's brilliant, thanks so much for the inside knowledge :thumbsup: I'll start researching those places now

Back