18874 - Leak in Air Intake System - 23957 - Boost Pressure Regulation - 25958 - Boost Pressure Regulation

@KC1

VIP Member
Hi All,

I was driving this morning, coming to a stop at traffic lights and saw smoke coming from engine bay area. Smoke dissipated once I was moving again but Van went in to limp mode with flashing coil light.
Limited acceleration and speed but got me home.

18874 - Leak in Air Intake System | 23957 - Boost Pressure Regulation | 25958 - Boost Pressure Regulation are the logged DTC's scanned with VCDS.

VCDS scan attached (Edited to remove previous DTC's that are explainable so as to avoid confusion)

I'm guessing worst case is Turbo blown or best case is a boost pressure pipe or similar in air intake system but would love some input from the collective mind.

Thanks

Attachments

• Log-WV1ZZZ7HZKH163832-90580km-56283mi_LIMP MODE-EDITED.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 8
limp mode with flashing coil light.
VCDS scan attached (Edited to remove previous DTC's that are explainable so as to avoid confusion)
Well, confused now here as none of the remaining codes are tagged as causing flashing coil light.

Anyways, the leak in air intake system needs to be rectified first. The others are likely just consequences of the leak (no pressure build-up because of the leak).

Thanks @mmi for the info. Yeh, the coil light was flashing all right. It comes on shortly after you start driving.
Mechanic to look at it today, I’ll report findings.

UPDATE - hope it’ll help somebody at some stage.

Turns out, after investigation, that multiple holes had blown in the intake manifold which is made of molded plastic, the hole was close to where the Egr valve feed is connected. Not sure if the Egr feed proximity is related or not but in my opinion making an intake manifold from plastic is ludicrous.
They also found a radiator leak while investigating so ended up pretty expensive as it had to be replaced also.

CXHA engine type - 2019 T6 - 91k(KM)

IMG_1820.jpeg

IMG_1818.jpeg

Back