"custom" Lining And Racking For T6 Kombi

Murdoch

Electrician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Pretty much as the title says ............... I had found a company about 30 miles away who gave me a price - yet now they are not responding to voice mails / emails - very frustrating and a poor reflection of their customer service

I'm based in Woking, Surrey and would like suggestions of anyone I can contact.

Thanks

What type of racking you after? Wooden? Metal? DIY kit?.

When I posted the original question I was open to ideas ............ but my eye have been opened to the modular metal systems ...... the smart bott shelves are to narrow ....... certainly not DIY!

When I posted the original question I was open to ideas ............ but my eye have been opened to the modular metal systems ...... the smart bott shelves are to narrow ....... certainly not DIY!

I recall the SmartVan option had 2 frame widths and shelves upto 335mm wide. The thread I pointed you at in my previous reply above shows all my shelves at the 225mm option.

Bott also have two other ranges you should look at which are more substantial and beyond what I needed :

Van Racking - Vario | Vehicle Conversions

Van Racking - Uno | Vehicle Conversions

There is also another make who appear to have some type of partnership with VW. I also looked at these in my research / deliberations but it took way too much of the load space for me but may work for you :

Van Racking Solutions - Sortimo International GmbH

Beyond these options, I found nothing. Other than custom plywood, which is out of the question in a nice high-end suede/carpet lined lifestyle van.

For fitting I used @BognorMotors who did a superb job. You are best going to someone like them who understand and deal with expensive T6 and T6 conversions day in day out. The outfits who fit these racking systems to commercial vehicles would not be somewhere I would leave my van !!

Hope some of this helps

Last edited:
I have been in contact with Bott and their widest shelf is too narrow for me.

Shame as it would have been good to buy British

I have some van racking solutions kit in mine ( based in Wimborne, Dorset), its 2 years old and standing up to abuse well! They do kit or fitting. I fitted it myself, but for the sake of £100 i wish I had let them do it.

I really want to see before I buy ............. seems Surrey is an area with no such companies ....

So I went with a Sortimo package (gosh they were difficult to deal with!!!!!!!!!)

Before:

boot 1.jpg

During:

Boot 2.jpg

Boot 3.jpg

After:

Boot 4.jpg boot 5.jpg

Back