Sold Custom Banded steel centre caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
Here's one for the steel wheel guys. I've made up another set of these eye catching and much talked about dynamic centre caps.
These are made up from modified genuine caps, that have been professionally plastic primed and painted Black, then the centres removed and a new set of genuine Volkswagen Dynamic caps fitted. They look like a normal cap, until you drive off, where the chrome centres will stay perfectly level like on a Rolls Royce. A very discrete modification that really enhances your steel wheel.

£200 delivered.

20201022_155030_resized.jpg

IMG_20201118_103151_636.jpg

Last edited:
For once it seems I misjudged the market for these caps.
When these were originally put on my Instagram a few months ago, I got bombarded with messages asking where people could buy these caps, so I thought i'd make another set up to see if they were worth doing to sell.

My thinking was, I can pass the caps over to a mate of mine, who paints them, giving him a little work whilst he's quiet, and knock them out making £50 on each set, but it seems with nearly 700 views on my instagram advert yesterday, plus 170 views on here and not a single sniff, other than no less than 6 PM's on Instagram asking if I will sell my Banded Amaroks :eek: (No, by the way) I guess they are a little too rich for a set of caps, which I totally understand.

So I will reduce these to what they cost me to put together, which was £85 for the new Dynamic caps, and £65 to have them painted, the caps I already had as spares.

£150 delivered.

If they don't sell at that, I will just keep them as spares and close the doors on Tourershine Custom Caps Ltd :rolleyes: and stick to what I do best.

They are smart, just probably not a huge market for them I guess, for me I’d maybe have a set but they certainly wouldn’t be on all the time! They can be nicked easily plus more of a show thing for me, maybe a set that’s not painted may work out cheaper too, not everyone wants a shiny set of caps, I’d prefer the standard flat black over gloss but again that’s a personal preference!

@Jayjmac said once he wanted a set of these but not sure if he was making them himself, he’s got a flashy enough van to show these off with!

W.o.w you beat me to it pal I have loads of plain black one's but no chrome I was going to look into getting some done .these look very cool . I,m still considering doing something with the plain black one's . A bit of effort has went into these . A Big like from me . A hope you get a good few sales.

The problem with doing them unpainted is the Dynamic caps are around £100 a set. If you just stuck a set of Dynamic centres in plain caps, you really need to asking £150 minimum to justify even bothering, what with postage etc. If I cannot sell a painted set for £150, I doubt there will be much interest in unpainted at the same price.

This was only a quick test to see if all the messages I got, equated to a demand, which it doesn't at the sort of price you need to be asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back