Ctek low output voltage from alternator

I'm confused now as you've described the ignition wire both as red and black.

I would double check as soon as possible that the RED wire is connected to ignition so it selects smart alternator and BLACK wire is connected to +12v to select lithium profile.

If you have them back to front your charger is trying to switch between profiles every time you turn the ignition on and off and may be running with ignition off.

So, I have black to switch ign pos and other to the battery + output, bottom right.
Shall I try the incoming 12v instead of the output 12v? Or try leaving it to charge up fully first and see in a few days?
That's fine.

Just let it charge.....prob 3-4 hrs driving.

I'm confused now as you've described the ignition wire both as red and black.

I would double check as soon as possible that the RED wire is connected to ignition so it selects smart alternator and BLACK wire is connected to +12v to select lithium profile.

If you have them back to front your charger is trying to switch between profiles every time you turn the ignition on and off and may be running with ignition off.
It's a black 2core they use... But have a red core and a black core.

I've got one, that I done testing with.

Screenshot_20240201_201343_Chrome.jpg

Apologies, my mistake. But I can confirm.
The red wire runs to the switched ign live and the black runs to the positive. The unit seems to run perfectly except the low voltage, it turns off once ignition is off etc.
Thanks I'll leave it a few days and keep an eye on it

Back