Crafter Specific forum?

bullracing

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Not to jump on this amazing groups back but is there any crafter forums that are NOT on Facebook? I think we need a more down to earth system where searches actually work and they are indexed properly plus the info is held properly and not the property of Facebook.
I would look to create one if there is anough interest, It seems the obvious names are taken though which is annoying.

I own a crafterforum url so could easily set one up and add it to our existing webserver, do you think there would be demand for it ?

In respect of campervan type vehicles:-

Crafters and sprinters are very well catered for on FB and there are also lots and lots of self build pages of other similar types of vans.

IMHO
Best of luck with a Crafter specific forum, but I suspect it’ll be better off as part of another (ie this) platform than a standalone.

In respect of campervan type vehicles:-

Crafters and sprinters are very well catered for on FB and there are also lots and lots of self build pages of other similar types of vans.

IMHO
Best of luck with a Crafter specific forum, but I suspect it’ll be better off as part of another (ie this) platform than a standalone.
That does not help the new crafters at all and as mentioned we really need something other then on the fb platform.
Need to get the info away from FB as they really have no proper indexing and you have to be part of FB to use it which nowadays more people are trying to move away from it.

Actually forget I even mentioned it. ha ha. IF more people are interested then please get in touch and let me know, I will look to set up a domain and forum if theres enough call but otherwise will just leave it. Considering the new crafter/MAN group on FB has 11k members..... seems theres a call for it.

Last edited:
I can only speak from my own personal point of view BUT having been into T4,T5 & T6s since the mid 1990s (Bay windows & Type 25s before) and now having a new TGE on order I can only hope that there is enough enthusiasm to set up a forum for the post 2017 VW Crafter / MAN TGE enthusiasts who wish to drive, convert and enjoy these models.

@Pauly and @bullracing please do what ever you can to bring us away from FB and into the more user friendly environment of an excellent forum like this one.

I've been a member of this forum since 2016 and the T4 Forum since 2007, I've converted five campers in the past seventeen years and am looking forward to my new TGE but at the age of 73 I will let someone else convert this one.
My avatar gives a clue to my other VW interest! The Historic Volkswagen Club

Now that’s a fair point about indexing. FB is pretty useless as a repository of information.

Whatever happens, it gets my vote.
Can never be too many resources.
Best of luck

@bullracing you need to ask the 11,000 Members on F B what they want ... and find someone with the time to work on the indexing and constant updating for free

is the crafter base model not similar to a T6 with electrics and engines i don't know i'v never compared them

Back