Couldn't believe my eyes !

GONA66

CARAVELLE
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Afternoon All ,I've just spotted my old van for sale on Facebook ,at an Eye watering price !
I sold it in lockdown for £34k with 20,000 miles on it ,now it has 42,000 miles on it and is now being offered for .........wait for it.....£54+k !!! o_Oo_Oo_O Good lord I said (or words to the same effect) .
To be fair it was/is a nice van,doesn't look any different to when I had it, and obviously the chap hasn't spent a bean on it !........Feel like I've been mugged :sick:.
Always new I'd sold it at the wrong time and it would be worth more now ....but 20k more !!! Private sale too.

Prices at the moment are crazy
doesn’t help that getting a new one from dealer is a mission as well
thats whats keeping prices high
best I get my 6.1 fully converted camper only 3000 miles on autotrader quick

being offered, but not sold at that price.

the guy can list it for whatever price he wants.

but,

its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it . .

so lets see what it actually sells for . . . . .
I'm keeping a close eye on things :geek:

Time to start acting like a football club and put a sell on percentage in the sales contract :mexican wave:

The dealers have been doing the same for over a year now, looked at a very shutttle last may was told I couldn’t buy it as it had to stay on demo was listed at £35k no vat, 6 months later was up for sale with the dealer at £49k
suffice it to say I still don’t have a new VW 6.1

Similar Caravelles to mine are priced at anything between £5-10k more than mine was 2.5 years ago at VW dealers. Oddly tho' it's WBAC valuation has dropped about £2.5k since Christmas. Maybe that's a sign that people aren't paying the inflated prices anymore and the market is having to reflect that.

It's all just a representation of the current times we live in, looking forward to some sort of normality in the future..
Similar Caravelles to mine are priced at anything between £5-10k more than mine was 2.5 years ago at VW dealers. Oddly tho' it's WBAC valuation has dropped about £2.5k since Christmas. Maybe that's a sign that people aren't paying the inflated prices anymore and the market is having to reflect that.

The dealers have been doing the same for over a year now, looked at a very shutttle last may was told I couldn’t buy it as it had to stay on demo was listed at £35k no vat, 6 months later was up for sale with the dealer at £49k
suffice it to say I still don’t have a new VW 6.1

I so wish you had Screenshots or links to those prices….. sell it to the press and you will get an upgraded 6.1 :)

And let’s all be honest. VW transporters / factory campervans mechanically just aren’t that great.
I know someone who bought and received a new ocean this year. It’s had 11 faults so far!! For a 75k vehicle, that is just outrageous

Back