Cost Of Base Van...

czmate1999

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi All,

I have been round the country (southeast, Wales and Yorkshire, amongst others) trying to get the lowest cost possible for my base van. Spec below.

T32 Highline, 204, DSG, LWB 4Motion (with diff lock) (i have prices for both Panel and Kombi vans)
- Glazed tailgate - heated / wiper
- Front/Rear parking sensors
- Front/rear LED headlights
- Removable tow bar
- 6.33 touch screen
- App connect
- Metallic paint

Quick question before i continue: is it good forum etiquette to discuss prices? if not would someone be able to give me an idea of a good price on a PM.

Many thanks

CZ.

As a base van, you've opted for pretty much every expensive extra.

I have most of the above except 4motion, and I paid £46k in 2017, with VAT.

I suspect with that exact spec, it's more down to which dealer gives the best discount, but from experience, there's not a huge amount between them, but I guess you could save a few quid to put towards the B14's, H&Rs, Bigger wheels, light up VW cup holder coasters, Chrome door catch covers, and all the other things you will end up buying after a few weeks in here.

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Last edited:
As a base van, you've opted for pretty much every expensive extra.

I have most of the above except 4motion, and I paid £46k in 2017, with VAT.

I suspect with that exact spec, it's more down to which dealer gives the best discount, but from experience, there's not a huge amount between them, but I guess you could save a few quid to put towards the B14's, H&Rs, Bigger wheels, light up VW cup holder coasters, Chrome door catch covers, and all the other things you will end up buying after a few weeks in here.

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
Thanks. Have been quoted £40k for van and £42k for the kombi, have found a good few k difference between dealers. Already got my eyes on vb air but the money on these things are crazy :). Admittedly have spent a small fortune on research trips. The cost of the van is huge but the conversion worries me more - as how far do you go? Also finding the right converter - balance between cost and quality - is proving challenging.

I know I say this now but this purchase is a one off for me and I want to get it right...

Thanks. Have been quoted £40k for van and £42k for the kombi, have found a good few k difference between dealers. Already got my eyes on vb air but the money on these things are crazy :). Admittedly have spent a small fortune on research trips. The cost of the van is huge but the conversion worries me more - as how far do you go? Also finding the right converter - balance between cost and quality - is proving challenging.

I know I say this now but this purchase is a one off for me and I want to get it right...

Most of what you need to know is answered on here, with some real in depth knowledge. Use the 'search' function on the forum, it will be your best friend, but ask if you're not sure.

Most of this bunch are happy to show off their nerd-factors.

as how far do you go?

Probably best not to ask that question on here, you'll never do it. :D You should do what works for you and what you need to do and can afford to do. You can spend hundreds of thousands on a conversion if you want, or do it yourself for a lot less and literally all points in between. You will find this is probably THE best forum for info, advice and help to do whatever you need as someone has done something you're trying or thinking about and will explain the best way to do it.
The plan with the van is to do it, enjoy it, be mobile, see the world, experience the elements and be happy with yourself... And don't worry about your empty wallet! :rofl:
Welcome.
Fill yer boots.

In 2017 I paid £43k for:-
LWB highline T32 PV 204/DSG/4mot/mech diff lock/oryx white/ACC/LEDs all round/Discover media/app connect/power latching/bike rack etc etc.
The salesman said it was the highest spec van he’d ever sold.

If you catch a dealer at the end of the month short on their targets you will get 12% off RRP on a new van. This is about the max discount I am aware of.

Some dealers have huge stocks of pre-registered van they have purchased to reach their sales targets each month / quarter (financed themselves) to get kickbacks from VW central.

They then sell these on with slightly larger discounts as they have earnt the dealer franchise their kickback already. Most are 6months to 18months old but will have only delivery miles (less than 100 miles normally). These will be bigger discounts but you trade off on an older registered van.

Although crap sales service and poor reviews Wrexham VW use this sales techniques and normally have stocks of pre-reg vans in their yard 1 year old with 10-20 miles on the clock.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Right have nailed down my spec and am just waiting for final prices to come in. Whatever the price now I will be spending more than i would like... but hey ho...

Van
T6 Kombi, T32 Highline, 204, LWB, DSG 4 Motion

Options
- Metallic paint
- Diff lock
- 6.33 composition media
- App connect
- Tailgate with heated window and wiper
- Front and rear parking sensors with reversing camera
- LED Headlights and rear lights with daytime running
- Front factory fit swivel seats
- Comfort Dash
- Wing mirrors, folding
- Power latching for passenger side sliding door
- Power latching for tailgate
- Windows to all panels - sliding windows to mid-passenger section)
- Dust seals - if they still offer them...

In 2017 I paid £43k for:-
LWB highline T32 PV 204/DSG/4mot/mech diff lock/oryx white/ACC/LEDs all round/Discover media/app connect/power latching/bike rack etc etc.
The salesman said it was the highest spec van he’d ever sold.
Have to ask where you got it as our specs are similar but i do not have the white, nav, bike rack options factored in... yet?!?

Just pressed the button, Final Spec:

Van
T6 Kombi, T32 Highline, 204, LWB, DSG 4 Motion

Options
- Metallic paint - indium grey
- Removable tow bar with electrics
- Diff lock
- Front factory fit swivel seats
- 2+1 split bench
- Heated seats
- Comfort Dash/with carpet
- Front and rear parking sensors with reversing camera
- High beam assist
- App connect
- Power latching for passenger side sliding door
- Power latching for tailgate
- Adaptive cruise control
- LED Headlights and rear lights with daytime running
- ElectricWing mirrors, folding
- 6.33 composition media
- twin usb (no cost option but you have to specify...)
- Windows to all panels - slide opening window to rear seat windows, fixed window on rear sections)
- Tailgate with heated window and wiper
- 80L fuel tank
- All weather tires
- Hill descent assist
- Heated front screen
- Headlamp washer system
- Life Shine
- Full tank of Diesel
- Unbadged

Hope i didn't forget anything ;)

Hope I'm not being cheeky but out of interest, as this is a route I'm considering myself, roughly how much would a van like your spec cost?

Hope I'm not being cheeky but out of interest, as this is a route I'm considering myself, roughly how much would a van like your spec cost?
Hi Toonfan66,

PM'd you. Just to say i ordered my Van at the beginning of May and it is not currently due til mid-Sept

CZ.

Back