Looks like a top job, an interesting articulated bed board, is that a one off?

I am weighing up between 18 and 20" wheels but thinking that 19" might be a happy medium. How is the ride on these? Has your van been lowered at all?

Thanks

I am weighing up between 18 and 20" wheels but thinking that 19" might be a happy medium. How is the ride on these? Has your van been lowered at all?

Thanks
Ride is ok. Got Eibach Comfort lowering springs fitted. Not sure these were the right choice. The rears are coil bound. I think they're struggling with the weight of the camper conversion. 19" wheels look great but average mpg has gone from 42 to 29!!!

Don't think that extra inch is going to explain the difference....;) more to do with the half a tonne of extra weight! I didn't have any 'before' mpg figures to compare against... I think I'm glad!!:slow rofl:

Don't think that extra inch is going to explain the difference....;) more to do with the half a tonne of extra weight! I didn't have any 'before' mpg figures to compare against... I think I'm glad!!:slow rofl:
No. The drop in mpg was before the camper conversion. Surprisingly, the conversion hasn't made any difference to the mpg at all. I think the wheel size together with wide 275 tyres is what's killing me.

No. The drop in mpg was before the camper conversion. Surprisingly, the conversion hasn't made any difference to the mpg at all. I think the wheel size together with wide 275 tyres is what's killing me.
Wow! Perhaps I should be even more relieved I didn't have any 'before' figures, given I'm running 19" Judds with 275/40s all round!

If it’s not weight, sounds more likely to be tyres themselves, rather the rim size. What did you change to?

If it’s not weight, sounds more likely to be tyres themselves, rather the rim size. What did you change to?
I believe it’s the change in final drive gear ratio, well documented on the forum that oversize wheels (diameter) affects fuel consumption.

I believe it’s the change in final drive gear ratio, well documented on the forum that oversize wheels (diameter) affects fuel consumption.
I would have thought that by careful selection of tyre profile in order to retain the original rolling circumference, the gearing (and therefore speedo readings) would remain pretty much the same? I made a point of choosing my wheel/tyre combo on this basis. Or am I missing something?

I would have thought that by careful selection of tyre profile in order to retain the original rolling circumference, the gearing (and therefore speedo readings) would remain pretty much the same? I made a point of choosing my wheel/tyre combo on this basis. Or am I missing something?
Speedo on mine is bang on.

Back