cool box to plug into 12v socket

We use and recommend the waeco Tf14AU. It fits perfectly between the front seats, has a soft outer case with a shoulder strap, so is fully portable for taking to beach etc. It's ideal for lunch for our family of five, or keeping drinks in on longer trips. It will get things cold but works better if what you put in it is cold already. You can buy them for approx £100 online.

Dairy intolerant
Peanut allergy
It's like military manoeuvres when going out for day trips the Mrs is very organised and stresshead & I'm the chilled one :rofl:
Our son has Tyrosenimea, (you might need to look it up, the doctors did! 1 of only 3 in the country at the time of diagnosis.) He is protein intolerant. It is slightly overwhelming for a while to say the least. Most food is prescription, pills morning and night, supplements before every meal etc. He is now 16 and healthy (still overseen by Great ormond street). It does get easier with time, I promise.

@Alan Walsh Thank God for parents such as you and your wife who take such great, loving, care of those in need of special, tender, loving care :inlove::inlove::thumbsup:
Thank god for the people at Great Ormond Street, no matter how bad you think you or your child has it, (our son was hypoglycaemic, de hydrated, liver and kidney failure, all while the doctor and nurse told us he was fine!) there is always, and I mean always someone worse off than you. I had a evening meal once with a woman who was staying in the same accommodation as us supplied by GOS for parents whilst the children are ill, she was going in the next morning to turn off the life support machine to the only child she would ever have. Always be grateful for what you have. Always.

Our son has Tyrosenimea, (you might need to look it up, the doctors did! 1 of only 3 in the country at the time of diagnosis.) He is protein intolerant. It is slightly overwhelming for a while to say the least. Most food is prescription, pills morning and night, supplements before every meal etc. He is now 16 and healthy (still overseen by Great ormond street). It does get easier with time, I promise.
Sounds like you've been through some rough times m8 with your son, you and your Mrs deserve a medal for going threw all that.

We use and recommend the waeco Tf14AU. It fits perfectly between the front seats, has a soft outer case with a shoulder strap, so is fully portable for taking to beach etc. It's ideal for lunch for our family of five, or keeping drinks in on longer trips. It will get things cold but works better if what you put in it is cold already. You can buy them for approx £100 online.
Thank you Andy for recommendation, been looking at a small portable cooler to take to the beach etc and now ordered on Amazon! I need to stop looking at this site its costing me a fortune.

But must be nearly there, seat covers ordered (sad I know but gone for sportline as have sportline mats!!!!) and next purchase sportline front bumper then surely that's it! FFS it's not I also need some of those black out things for windows and windscreen currently using undercover of a boat which actually works quite well!

Kind Regards

Nick

Thank you Andy for recommendation, been looking at a small portable cooler to take to the beach etc and now ordered on Amazon! I need to stop looking at this site its costing me a fortune.

But must be nearly there, seat covers ordered (sad I know but gone for sportline as have sportline mats!!!!) and next purchase sportline front bumper then surely that's it! FFS it's not I also need some of those black out things for windows and windscreen currently using undercover of a boat which actually works quite well!

Kind Regards

Nick
@Phantom and you've only just begun to spend :whistle:. For the rear of the vehicle (i.e. behind the driver's seat back) I would recommend Vanshades which, whilst not the cheapest compared to curtains, are very effective and look great in a lined out van. A number of members have fitted them and are delighted with them and, as far as I'm aware, they have no market competition for their product. The firm also has a reputation for excellent customer service :thumbsup:.

@Phantom and you've only just begun to spend :whistle:. For the rear of the vehicle (i.e. behind the driver's seat back) I would recommend Vanshades which, whilst not the cheapest compared to curtains, are very effective and look great in a lined out van. A number of members have fitted them and are delighted with them and, as far as I'm aware, they have no market competition for their product. The firm also has a reputation for excellent customer service :thumbsup:.
I'm on it thank you! And for the windscreen same people pls? Not looking at bank balance for atleast another month :)

@Phantom @Buggirl has some that she recommends and @T6 Dave has also looked at some so hopefully, having been tagged, they will respond with their views. I know that Van-X do a blackout curtain system to separate the front from the area behind the front seats.

I used these for the cab. I was a bit unsure when I ordered them, but the quality is very good, give total blackout, and they fit like a glove...
The big issue for me was whether to go for Internal or External screens...
I didn't like the idea of the External screens flapping about in the wind, keeping me awake at night. I also didn't much like the idea of them getting soaking wet if it rained, and then having to store the wet screens inside my Kombi.
With the Internal screens, they don't get wet, and you can leave windows open, plus as they are internal, won't flap about if there was a strong wind.

I used these for the cab. I was a bit unsure when I ordered them, but the quality is very good, give total blackout, and they fit like a glove...
The big issue for me was whether to go for Internal or External screens...
I didn't like the idea of the External screens flapping about in the wind, keeping me awake at night. I also didn't much like the idea of them getting soaking wet if it rained, and then having to store the wet screens inside my Kombi.
With the Internal screens, they don't get wet, and you can leave windows open, plus as they are internal, won't flap about if there was a strong wind.
@Phantom I believe that these are the same ones as @T6 Dave was looking at and he is listing them for future purchase. @Pipe&Slippers recommendation about using internal ones makes sense and, with his comments about fit, they would be the ones to go for. I believe that they just roll up for storage. Good price too.

Last edited:
For info; there is a recent discussion regarding thermal screens here:- https://www.t6forum.com/threads/thermal-screens-for-kombi.1751/

Unlike some external screens, the rainbow screens are templated for the T6 and are a very good fit and the quality of the materials is excellent - they do not flap about in the wind. Performance of them is brilliant - not a hint of condensation on the front or rear screens since using them. Can't comment about putting away wet because, even after a night of rain, by the time we came to put them away the weather and screens had dried up. On the downside, they are fairly bulky to store and, in common with other external screens I've seen, mean you can't open the front doors easily when fitted (not a problem for us as we don't use the front doors when camping).

Incidentally, I initially purchased a (much!) cheaper alternative from UK Custom Covers. These were sold as suitable for T5/T6 - they work but are a bit more flappy in the wind than the ones I now have. If anyone wants these original covers (particularly if you are going to be at Bala in a few weeks so I can just hand them over!!), I will happily donate them.

I will be there on our maiden camping voyage if you are looking for a van to donate them too :)

Back