cool box to plug into 12v socket

Tango14

hi all, can anyone recommend a cool box that can plug into a 12 volt socket.

I've heard of units that fit between the two front seats, but that might be an issue with swivel seats that mine Kombi will have

many thanks

We've had a couple of the cheaper 12v coolboxes before with the fans on the top but they were pretty useless - main issue was that as soon as the ambient temperature rises (e.g. as it would in a closed up hot van on a summers day) they struggle to work - going back a few years so technology may have improved a little but I doubt it. If you can I would look for something with a compressor - Domestic/Waeco seem to be the market leaders.

Anything that you can squeeze between the two front seats would need moving to allow the seats to swivel and is likely to have a very limited capacity (probably about 20 litres - sounds a lot but when you look at practical/useable space it's not) so you might be better off considering an alternative location for itand getting something slightly bigger.

I have a waeco tc35, it will run off 12 and 240. Always done great when I've been at the F1 and days out with the family.

Hi
We bought a Waeco CDF-11 last year for family road trips to Europe. It fits neatly between the 2 front seats of a T6 and has the added bonus of 2 cup holders integrated into the top of it. We are very pleased with it and it can chill or even freeze food and drinks . The only downside is that access to the hand brake is a bit tight .

Hi
We bought a Waeco CDF-11 last year for family road trips to Europe. It fits neatly between the 2 front seats of a T6 and has the added bonus of 2 cup holders integrated into the top of it. We are very pleased with it and it can chill or even freeze food and drinks . The only downside is that access to the hand brake is a bit tight .

I too have one of these between the seats and it is excellent in my opinion , handbrake (as you say) is a bit tight but you get used to it :thumbsup:

A tb18 would fit between the single seats I'm going for one of the following webasto they do them in tb31 41 ,51

Yummy! :thumbsup: Think I'll go and raid the freezer grab a white chocolate magnum, behaving you see white chocolate is good for you... Honest :eek::rofl:
I use that excuse , isn't there a saying a ice cream a day keeps the doctor away or is that apple :rofl:

Hehe sorry for the expense m8.. :eek: But is a nice bit of kit :whistle::thumbsup: good for keeping schnapps at its proper temperature! :D
Jacksons looks the cheapest so far £779 and £35 postage the webasto was going to cost nearly £500 for single compartment

Back