Converting Kombi to Camper: keep single 2+1 rear seat?

hudson450

Hi guys/girls,
So I’m converting my T6 Kombi SWB into a Camper, typical layout 2 seat smart bed and kitchen on the side.
I’ve had an idea of possibly keeping the rear single seat next to the sliding door that can be used from time to time making it a 6 seater again. Majority of the time this seat will not be in, but I thought it would be good to have the option.
My question is, has anyone done this and if so does it work practically?

Reactions: CAB
Have a look at the thread @Dieseldonkey created when he had his Shuttle converted - I’m sure he’s kept a single seat for that exact reason.
Oh and welcome to the forum!

Hi guys/girls,
So I’m converting my T6 Kombi SWB into a Camper, typical layout 2 seat smart bed and kitchen on the side.
I’ve had an idea of possibly keeping the rear single seat next to the sliding door that can be used from time to time making it a 6 seater again. Majority of the time this seat will not be in, but I thought it would be good to have the option.
My question is, has anyone done this and if so does it work practically?
I’m hoping to do same when my lwb, high roof kombi arrives. I want my daughters family to be able to use it and they have 4 children. I initially thought of building a removable bed that went over the double bench (folded down) in the back, removing single seat temporarily and putting a slim purpose built kitchen on door side at back.

Get the nice bracket covers & it's quite OK underfoot, tho obv not as smooth as having no anchors.

Might be worth a look at the kitchen/Bike Bed from Piggl. Their kitchen is super slim and goes down one side of the van and you have space in front of their bed/seat to fit the original single seat to the Kombi floor mounts.

Back