Converting From Android To Iphone

mopardave

150 Kombi Manual
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Right ladies and gents......I've been hoodwinked into ditching android in favour of apple. Is it easy to move contacts etc across from one to the other? I've been told the new phone (iPhone 6) will come with a new sim card so no I'm gonna lose what's already on my old sim card. Vodafone want £25 to do it for me!!! Any help would be appreciated. Please keep it in simple terms......'cos I'm a caveman!!
Cheers
Dave:thumbsup:

Right ladies and gents......I've been hoodwinked into ditching android in favour of apple. Is it easy to move contacts etc across from one to the other? I've been told the new phone (iPhone 6) will come with a new sim card so no I'm gonna lose what's already on my old sim card. Vodafone want £25 to do it for me!!! Any help would be appreciated. Please keep it in simple terms......'cos I'm a caveman!!
Cheers
Dave:thumbsup:
Don't do it :rolleyes:
I went the other way and haven't had a hacked bank account since (i tunes):laugh:

The iphone 6 is probably about 5 years old now and tend to be a lot slower, also don't have the ability to update.

I moved from Apple to Samsung years ago, and wouldn't ever go back. My wife and kids are all on Apple and constantly moaning about issues with iTunes, iCloud, genuine chargers not working, and general gripes.

I'm running the Samsung S10 Plus at the moment, but have owned the 6-7-8-and 9 all with no problems other than my 10, when I cracked the screen at a week old, and Samsung replaced it free of charge, even though I didn't have their insurance at the time.
I love my MacBook, but that's my limit with Apple.

I fell out with apple about 10 years ago. When I got married my wife put iTunes on my desktop computer which stole all my music and wouldn't let me use it anymore on my Creative MP3 player. I had to rip my entire collection again, some of which were scratched etc. I was not impressed!

Stick with Android!!

Last edited:
I moved from Apple to Samsung years ago, and wouldn't ever go back. My wife and kids are all on Apple and constantly moaning about issues with iTunes, iCloud, genuine chargers not working, and general gripes.

I'm running the Samsung S10 Plus at the moment, but have owned the 6-7-8-and 9 all with no problems other than my 10, when I cracked the screen at a week old, and Samsung replaced it free of charge, even though I didn't have their insurance at the time.
I love my MacBook, but that's my limit with Apple.
What he said . . .

I fell out with apple about 10 years ago. When I got married my wife put iTunes on my desktop computer which stole all my music and wouldn't let me us it anymore on my Creative MP3 player. I had to rip my entire collection again, some of which were scratched etc. I was not impressed!

Stick with Android!!

My wife lost all her purchases on iTunes too. Apple were no help and the amount of albums and seperate songs she'd purchased over the years equated to quite a sum of money.

Once you are immersed in the Apple infrastructure it’s brilliant. The way my iPhone, iPad, MacBook and Apple Watch work together is amazing, and I have no technical hiccups.

Horses for courses, YMMV etc.

Pete

I'm only changing because the battery on my htc one m8 is on the way out.....I have been very happy with android!

I'm only changing because the battery on my htc one m8 is on the way out.....I have been very happy with android!

In my previous experience with an iPhone, they are very user friendly and as mentioned above, they do integrate really well with other Apple products, but there is my issue. Apple seem to restrict everything to their devices, their apps and their operating systems, all for perfectly logical reasons.

However, the first thing I noticed with android was the freedom to use 3rd party products and apps, in conjunction with my Samsung.
Plus, no daft 'booking appointments' when you want to deal with an Apple store. Just pop into any Samsung store, and they are ready to help.

You will always have your hardcore Apple fans, and there is just no convinsing those that have been Apple from the start, but I genuinely believe if you took 100 iPhone users, and gave them all the latest Samsung to use for 2 weeks, more than you'd imagine would either move over instantly, or when they have an upgrade.

Just don't do it. Like others, I made the jump from iPhone to Android (in my case, once I retired and had to start buying my own phones!) a long time ago and haven't regretted it for one moment. IMHO, you get far more for your money with Android and they are generally very reliable if you buy from a big name manufacturer. For me a big plus point is that you get to tell it how it works and what it can do rather than Apple and iTunes dictating everything. That said, I'm like somebody else mentioned above in that I use a Mac laptop which I love and much prefer over it's Windows competition, particularly how it works so seamlessly with an Apple TV. Also, before you do anything else, I'd check how easy it is to replace the battery in your current phone and how much - you might be surprised!

Nooooooo - Android all the way for all the reasons above and more....

I'd go a bit further and say no to Samsung though, look at the Google Pixel series, about the best (and 'pure') Android experience you'll get, totally unfettered by 3rd party Samsungesque manufacturer 'improvements' and regularly updated too (unlike Samsung et al).

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Dont discount the oneplus make of phones,I've had 3 so far and are absolutely brilliant and the customer service and back up is as good as any manufacturer out there.

I had an iPhone 3, years ago. Went to Samsung for a couple of years. Then went back to iPhones. No way would I consider a Samsung again for lots of reasons.

However if you want my opinion, if you can then return the iPhone 6 and get a more recent version. The 11 is the current model to give you an idea of how old the 6 is.

Back