Control Unit A5 and 6C not available in OBDEleven

StephV

Hello,

I have a T6.1 California Edition from 2021 and I bought a device OBDEleven + a Pro pack to improve my van thinking it was possible to code some feature but it' not the case.
Maybe someone will be able to reply me.

I have the Park Pilot, the Park assist 3.0 (PLA3.0 12K), my rear camera have also the dynamic line when i use my steering wheel, ACC and High Beam Assist Full Led, trailer hitch OEM coded for ParkAssist.

in my mind with all these features I was thinking to be able to code the Lane assist, Sign assist and Trailer Assist.
Unfortunately I don"t find the control Unit A5 and 6C, and if I add them by the menu the communication doesn't work.

for me 2 ways :
1st I don't have the right components to get the control unit and communicate with all modules

2nd There is maybe somewhere in menus some features to enable in order to indicate to the controller they are present.

Hoping someone will have an answer

Thanks in advance for your support or suggestions !

Steph

Hi Steph,

Module A5 is the front facing camera directly attached to the windscreen glass, do you have this in your windscreen? Your High Beam Assist camera is a different camera located on the rear of the rear view mirror, not to be confused with the A5 camera.

You're looking for 6C, this module is for the rear camera but this may only apply to vehicles that had the highline camera from factory. Are you sure it's a factory camera?

Edited as I found scans of T6.1 vans with 6C module so the module is an optional component.

Last edited:
Hello

firstly thanks a lot for your reply and sorry for my late answer.
indeed after investigation i don't think to have the right camera attached to the windscreen and i don't know if i can add it easily.
and regarding the module 6C for sure it's not highline camera in my van, but my current installation with lowline is from factory.

so definitely it seems not possible to extend by coding to enable new feature in my van except if I change physical components

I think windscreen replacement would be required to add the A5 front camera

Back