Connecting negative bus bars

Trekster

I am placing my non isolated DC charger under drivers seat using the under seat chassis ground. I am placing the leisure battery and fuse box in a cupboard behind the drivers seat. I want to limit how many cables I run from under the seat to the cupboard.
Therefore if I use a bus bar under the seat (ground to bus bar/ dc charger to bus bar and then onto the leisure battery) I will need 2 negative cables running from under the seat to the cupboard (one ground to the leisure battery and a second ground to the fuse box) If that makes sense?

Is there a simpler and better way to do this without changing placement of components (a second bus bar in a daisy chain style or take the ground from fuse box to the leisure battery; I.E 2 ground wires on the negative battery terminal? )

If it's non isolated doesn't that mean it has a common ground, in which case you can just use the vehicle ground everywhere?

Some photos and details of which charger you are using may help.

It’s the victron 16 16 30 DC non isolated charger
If it's non isolated doesn't that mean it has a common ground, in which case you can just use the vehicle ground everywhere?

Some photos and details of which charger you are using may

Some photos and details of which charger you are using may help.
It’s a victron 16-16-30 DC non isolated charger.

I can find the manual for the 12/12 30A non isolated which I assume is similar and the wiring diagram in that shows a common ground.

Are you installing in something right behind the driver's seat or the more traditional back quarter by the rear, again photos or diagrams would help.

If you are installing near a vehicle ground point all you need is suitable sized cable to that.

I don't see a good reason to run independent ground lines to leisure battery and distribution. What is more important for what the best way to connect everything is to make a plan of the currents that are needed and the connector sizes and make sure everything works physically.

There are earth points in the rear quarters. I have a bus bar on the offside for kitchen stuff, and one on the near side for passenger lights and chargers. DCDC is earthed under drivers seat, battery and another fusebox under passenger seat. A massive steel van connects them all.

Back