Advice on Victron B2B wiring please

@roadtripper Only the sub amp is connected to a speaker at the moment and it appears to be drawing less than 2.0A when measured at the amp and around 2.5A when measured at the battery. A bit difficult to get a steady reading due to the fluctuating nature of an amp, that I’m half upside down rooting under a seat, and it’s dark. I know you said I might be surprised at how little it draws but this is WAY lower than I might have guessed. Does it seem low to you?
Not surprised at all, a side hustle is audio engineering and I look after a rather large PA in a local village hall theatre. Amplifiers need to have the ability to deliver large surges of current at volume with the music dynamics, but most music isn't that, hence why a radio can run off a set of batteries for ages.

Most traditional Class A or B amps are really mostly heaters but I'm pretty certain the kit you have will be a modern Class D amp and they are surprisingly efficient.

Any measurements you do will be an average current which is what you are interested in for this calculation.

Not surprised at all, a side hustle is audio engineering and I look after a rather large PA in a local village hall theatre. Amplifiers need to have the ability to deliver large surges of current at volume with the music dynamics, but most music isn't that, hence why a radio can run off a set of batteries for ages.

Most traditional Class A or B amps are really mostly heaters but I'm pretty certain the kit you have will be a modern Class D amp and they are surprisingly efficient.

Any measurements you do will be an average current which is what you are interested in for this calculation.
Yes, Class D. Having never measured the current for an amp before I'm actually astounded. It'd seem that I have nothing to worry about :)
Thanks for your help.

Back