Configurator

Roadrunner

Grape Yellow Beach
T6 Legend
I still go on the VW site and use the configurator from time to time and today I noticed that on the Cali Ocean the pull out awning is now and add on option at like the beach. Has this always been the case or new. I also notice you can get coloured bellows, Blue or red, if that had been the case when I ordered I'd have gone for the blue but there was no configurator when I ordered a year ago

It has, last time I messed about with the configurator the awning was on the Van. If you bought it from the dealer as it was in stock you never got an option it was on the van, even the Beaches I have seen

I still go on the VW site and use the configurator from time to time and today I noticed that on the Cali Ocean the pull out awning is now and add on option at like the beach. Has this always been the case or new. I also notice you can get coloured bellows, Blue or red, if that had been the case when I ordered I'd have gone for the blue but there was no configurator when I ordered a year ago
I would have gone for a coloured bellows too but it seems if you're cool enough to pick yellow for your van you can't have blue or red canvas. The computer says no.

Plus they are making changes to mirrors,handles, glass tops etc apparently plus 4% price increase for changing a mirror and a couple of handles minus no doubt something else which will now become an extra, nice little earner for VW for not a big layout.

Yes it's certainly changed from when our 09 plate Cali SE was new - back then it was pretty much fully loaded as standard, ours also had the electric sliding door (which most people hate) and something else I can't remember (possibly the awning) and we got it as an ex demo for £35k
These days you get a lot less as standard, specced up to a decent level you can pay £60k easily!

I am contemplating a Cali next year if the figures stack up. I want a petrol I think. Needs to be an ocean though as when I used the configurator and specked out the beach it was coming in a grand under the ocean for what I wanted on it!

I am contemplating a Cali next year if the figures stack up. I want a petrol I think. Needs to be an ocean though as when I used the configurator and specked out the beach it was coming in a grand under the ocean for what I wanted on it!
Friends have a fairly specced up 17 plate Beach and it wasn't miles off our price. And that's only a 150 and it's FWD.

Friends have a fairly specced up 17 plate Beach and it wasn't miles off our price. And that's only a 150 and it's FWD.
I found you could bump it up very easy if you go for a lot of options and it that is the case you are better off getting an Ocean. I kept mine minimal as I did not want loads of stuff. It still came out at twice the price of my first house

Back