Condensation!

Vinci

Residential Surveyor
T6 Guru
Does anyone find there is a need for a "dehumidifier " when using their van overnight, even if it is one of those pots with silicone crystal things to take moisture out of the atmosphere in the vehicle. Just wondered. I suppose it depends on where you are camping as to whether you can leave a window open.

Window wind deflectors allow the windows to be open about 30mm. I do open mine until the markings on the glass are inside the door. Works well....

Using an insulated wrap around windscreen and side window cover helps.

I am going to be taking my panels off and insulating inside to try and make the van better equipped for camping. When I do it I will put some step by step pics on. I use silver screens that fit inside all my windows as don't really want to fit curtains in the one.

Our Cali is all double glazed except for the cab; the windscreen does get pretty wet but nothing a quick wipe with an MF towel doesn't sort.

Tonight I was putting out the bins when I notied the inside of the Caliwas condensated on the front screenI noticed this once before but was because I had the door open one cold day. The Cali does not get used all the time so can sit there all week. Anyone know why this happens? :confused:

I had the same problem until I started using similar moisture absorbing bags. Still have the problem if we've been sleeping in the van but definitely less condensation forming and seems to clear quicker than before using the moisture absorbers.

I run power lead to the van and run a dehumidifier for an hour or two. And through the winter a little longer as it stops it icing up too.

I'm trying the cat litter approach, silica non clumping odour free. £2 bag from Wilkinson's.

Anyone using a window vacuum to mop up condensation after a night sleeping in the van. if so how have you found these?

Back