Composition Head Unit upgrade to Discover

Normski67

Hi

Just after some help with the following please..

I currently have installed the OEM composition media radio head unit (see picture) but I would like to swap it out for the Discover Media Nav System (RNS510 I think) Is this just a simple unplug the old and plug in the new or do I have to have any add on's for the sat nav etc.. I do have a reversing camera already wired in as well..?

Thanks

Screenshot_20210426-123133_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210426-123145_Chrome.jpg

The first thing you need to work out is what you are doing about component protection. Each head unit is coded to the specific van so you cannot buy a used one of eBay for example and then put it in. There are places that will break the component protection for you but it is not cheap (over £150). This makes buying a used head unit difficult and expensive and makes your old head unit practically worthless if you were thinking of trying to sell it to fund the upgrade.

Thank you.. that's good to know before I go ahead and purchase one. would you recommend going to a main dealer to get this switched over then or could a decent stereo shop do it.?

Hi…You’ll find VW kit expensive and even second hand has composite protection ..by going aftermarket with a simple plug and play unit and getting value for money try @Absolut5 ….

B0022340-608D-41BA-B34A-CF048889251C.png

there is some really nice kit available and interacts with reverse camera…..and in most cases future proof when upgrading other components :)

Wow that’s expensive…..

Volkswagen Discover Media MIB2
NEW: Volkswagen Discover MIB2 with Nav, DAB, Bluetooth and App-Connect. Complete Package. Price includes Supply & Installation
£1,499.17 (Ex VAT)£1,799.00

Ok, thanks for the advice you.. and there was me thinking it would just be a simple one in one out process..!!
I thought the same before looking in to it. Always worth asking the question on this forum because someone else has usually been through what you are looking at. :thumbsup:

Wow that’s expensive…..

Volkswagen Discover Media MIB2
NEW: Volkswagen Discover MIB2 with Nav, DAB, Bluetooth and App-Connect. Complete Package. Price includes Supply & Installation
£1,499.17 (Ex VAT)£1,799.00
Lol

Back