Comfort dash issue..

T

Thogg

So my lovely comfort dash is causing a slight headache... the lid on the top compartment has already been replaced once cause of a fault and now it's happened again.. the open/closing mechanism keeps sticking so it's a bugger to open ... and close! Back to the stealer for another new one!

I know its no comfort to you, but at least they are recognizing the issue.. (Hits forehead with palm of hand... Hard.. :rofl:)

Ours like to pop open on it's own occasionally. Right in my field of view. Useful.

The comfort dash is mostly good but it definitely needs improving.

1) It scratches WAY too easily.
2) The cupholder section sticks out too much and blocks the passenger from getting into the back.
3) The middle compartment (above the cupholder) lid jams way too easily.
4) Sorry but I find the bottle storage thing almost totally pointless.
5) I'd actually like a non lidded compartment for sticking a phone/credit card (for paying tolls abroad), coins for bridges etc.
6) The cupholders only hold tiny cups. Even our small collection of Clean Kanteen (somehow we have four) bottles won't fit.

Ours like to pop open on it's own occasionally. Right in my field of view. Useful.

2) The cupholder section sticks out too much and blocks the passenger from getting into the back.
5) I'd actually like a non lidded compartment for sticking a phone/credit card (for paying tolls abroad), coins for bridges etc.
6) The cupholders only hold tiny cups. Even our small collection of Clean Kanteen (somehow we have four) bottles won't fit.
All good points... re the tolls.. you can get a pass thingy relatively cheaply which sticks to the windscreen and allows you to use the automatic lane. It just bills your bank account directly. I'm doing that for my next trip.

Autoroute Tolls in France | Pay French Toll Road Charges - Sanef Tolling

I like getting out and doing the tolls, bit of a pain for me, but it stretches legs, gives a brief wake up walk, and I have to interact with either a person (pleasant ) or a machine in French (I purposefully don't switch it to Anglais).,

All good points... re the tolls.. you can get a pass thingy relatively cheaply which sticks to the windscreen and allows you to use the automatic lane. It just bills your bank account directly. I'm doing that for my next trip.

Autoroute Tolls in France | Pay French Toll Road Charges - Sanef Tolling
Watch out for them charging you as a class 2 vehicle (over 2m height) just because its a van. You should qualify as class 1 (cheaper) especially if you've lowered it slightly...

Scratches way to easy like to see the wear in 5 years
Middle lid on mine has broken can't even open it yet to take it back to dealers
Water holder is pointless and doesn't keep it cool
Cup holders are filled with crap due to not enough storage that's hidden from
The back quarter panels on the caravelle are so soft and mark so easy for a boot section is also stupid and will be terrible in a years time with buggies dogs kids bikes etc !!!
Come on VW it's no an S class Merc it's a workhorse

Scratches way to easy like to see the wear in 5 years
Middle lid on mine has broken can't even open it yet to take it back to dealers
Water holder is pointless and doesn't keep it cool
Cup holders are filled with crap due to not enough storage that's hidden from
The back quarter panels on the caravelle are so soft and mark so easy for a boot section is also stupid and will be terrible in a years time with buggies dogs kids bikes etc !!!
Come on VW it's no an S class Merc it's a workhorse
We have a few marks on the boot area too; they'll come off with APC but a bit odd.

Back