Collected the new toy..

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
van1.jpg

New T6 LWB 204dsg Kombi Highline
Dealer 30mm lower, but it's totally empty in that pic, so hoping it will drop a little more once I put all my work kit and racking in.
19" Savini BM13 wheels with a new set of amazing Continental Sport Contact6 245/40/19
I wanted 20" but couldn't on these wheels without going wider, and i'm not a fan of wheels that look too wide, and too obvious that they are aftermarket. I would always try to get as close to it looking factory, and this combination of wheel and tyre fits inside the arch exactly how I wanted.
I spec'd the van with the LED headlight because I love these things!
Added ACC, and folding mirrors.
VW sidebars in Black, which I love and are lovely quality.
VW front flaps that are not fitted in that pic, but are now, and fit lovely.
VW splitter, which was fitted by the dealer, but not a great job. The sides lift up and down, so I will be removing this, and refitting it properly.
I also purchased the VW real carbon rear bumper protector, which fits really nice, and the carbon mirror covers which fit pretty poorly in my opinion, so not sure about these yet.
Mods I will be doing: It's booked into my bodyshop for both upper and lower grills to be painted gloss black, and the unpainted parts of the mirrors to be body coloured, along with the side repeater surrounds also gloss black. Thats a personal thing and they look unfinished to me, but i'm super fussy.
Drives amazing as expected, only done 40 miles so far, but I do a lot of miles for my business, so it will build the miles quickly. I have jumped out of a 2015 Vivaro 1.6 Bi turbo that I owned from new, and I will be honest, the VW is not as fast as I thought it would be. I'd say it's very powerful, but not quick, if that makes sense. It's a weird power delivery, if you boot it, it doesn't really feel as quick as if you use the throttle more gingerly. The power is all lower in the rev range, where as the Vivaro had response all through the rev. Odd comparison I know, but just saying as I see it.
The ride is not as stiff as I thought either, it's actually very comfortable considering the suspension and wheel combination. It certainly needs some weight in the back to stabilise it more. It's got a lot of road noise in the back, but I put that down to it not having it's bulkhead fitted yet.

Small niggles that i'm sure someone can help clear up.
How do you get the dash in the centre to read in mph, and not kms. But more annoyingly, both the 12v plug sockets seem to be live all the time, so my satnav doesn't automatically turn off with the ignition which is annoying.

I'm sure there will be loads more questions I need answering over the next week or so...

Oh, before anyone asks why the sliding door is on the drivers side, it's twin sliders due to a cock up with my sales guy.
Long story short, I asked if the rear seat configuration could be swapped for a single behind the drivers seat, and double behind passengers. There is a reason for this and it's to do with how we are fitting our scaffold and ladders tower inside the rear. This would of meant I could remove the single seat and still assess the remaining double from the correct sliding door. I was told the seats come fitted as they come, and you cannot swap the configuration round. So I had to opt for a double sliding door to enable me to carry out the mods I need to fit my kit and still use it as a 4 seater.
Anyway, when it arrived, VW had swapped the seats round, but still added an extra door! All a bit of an annoying misunderstanding, but it's done now, and I actually think the extra door breaks up the side nicely, being as it's a LWB. Plus kids get out of the kerb side door, which is obviously much safer.

Hi Tourershine glad to see you got your T6 you were telling me about when you spooked me at Costa in Wigston during the Summer looks good. As for the Kph display the small digits are always there due to the fact there isn’t any on the dials but you can add a large mph readout with VCDS in the main display if you like and regarding the 12v sockets I’m pretty sure mine turn off after a few minutes when the systems go to sleep but might be wrong

Sadly the power supply doesn't go off after a few mins, I left it for 15mins and the nav was still powered up. If it cannot be altered, I will just have another one installed that does come on with the ignition. The socket i'd naturally use in the top of the dash is in a daft place for me anyway, because my charger plug for the nav sticks up like the statue of liberty blocking all view of the road.. (ok a little bit of an exaggeration, but annoying all the same to me)

Looks nice mate, have similar mods planned for mine... gloss black, wing mirrors etc and black bars.

Spent ages thinking abt or sportline front and think I’m going to go sportline with a bit of a twist but will see

Looks nice mate, have similar mods planned for mine... gloss black, wing mirrors etc and black bars.

Spent ages thinking abt or sportline front and think I’m going to go sportline with a bit of a twist but will see

Like loads of people have said, the front spoiler does grow on you, and I think once I do the full gloss blacking, it will finish the front off nicely.
The alternatives didn't work for me, but i'm a sod for changing things, and I know it will take months before I get it right.
If you fit your own Sportline spoiler, i'd be sure that you add to the original fixing in some way, because if mine IS fitted correctly (That's a big IF) then the fact I can move it up and down on both sides is not a great. I will know more once I remove it and see how VW have attached it. (I actually wish i'd of done this myself anyway)

:laugh::laugh: you got me are you sure that bulkhead won't fit I can check with tps today

According to my information, there's a difference between the single and twin door, plus the fact you will have to cut the brackets out to remove it, means a lot of fettling for me. Most metal bulkheads we've had in past vans just bolt it, and are easy to swap over.
I actually measured my scaffold tower last night, and it's going to be a custom built bulkhead to allow for this anyway.

Back