Collected the new toy..

Very smart, don't knock the extra sliding door, wish mine had it as the kids all have to clamber out one side and into the road, not a major problem but would be nice to have that extra access. LEDS.....the way to go to!

Very nice buddy :thumbsup:

Strange reading that your not happy with the power delivery ? Mine is superb....Try fitting the steering wheel with the DSG paddles, you can really go for it then...Tap down 2 and floor it :laugh:

Very nice buddy :thumbsup:

Strange reading that your not happy with the power delivery ? Mine is superb....Try fitting the steering wheel with the DSG paddles, you can really go for it then...Tap down 2 and floor it :laugh:

it's not that i'm not happy with the power, I think it's more a case I over egged it in my own head. Moving from a 120hp to a 204hp is a huge jump, but in reality it's not like you are getting almost twice the power. It's delivered in a different way to my Vivaro.
Saying this, it's starting to loosen up now, and I personally think because they are so smooth to drive, and so fast to go through the DSG box, that you don't realise how quick they are, until you go up against a guy in a suit at the traffic lights in a new BMW 320d company car, and from one set of lights, to the next, you kick his ass and he pulls next to you and asks "what the f..k have you done to that...."
That's when you realise 'actually, this thing is quicker than I thought.

So, I retract my original statement. It goes pretty darn well now i've done more than 40 miles

Right, sussed out the 12v socket issue for the nav.
If you have the usb socket fitted in the dash like mine does, that actually goes into sleep mode about 30 seconds after the ignition is switched off.
So I will order an adapter for now that converts cigarette plug to usb.
This will do for now, and when I get more time, I will pop out both the usb socket and the 12v socket that are in the dash and see if the plugs are the same, so I can just swap them over..

They are totally different, USB uses a fakra plug fed from stereo and cig socket takes an automotive connector with large spade terminals inside fed from fusebox

"VW sidebars in Black" is it T6 part available via VW dealer? I haven seen it in VW catalog.
Lovely van for sure!

Yes, they are dealer fit, I think you have to request them, because they are not as commonly fitted as the polished ones according to my dealer.

Back