coding out bulb failure light for indicators.

paulfr

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all i have a 2016 t6t30 and changed the rear lights and side repeaters to lcd and no problem.I have now fitted the travenlite lcd headlights and have a bulb warning fault come up.Have tried to reset it through carista and no luck!If there is anyone in the Leicester area with ODB11 etc that would be able to have a look at it for me their would be a few beer tokens in exchange.Cheers Paul.

Certain ones can't be coded out easily, @mmi posted some long coding of the mysterious Byte18 with different wattage options that might help.

Reactions: mmi
Thanks for the reply...is it possible to code through carista as all i see is yes and no on the various options.

You need to check the fault code and see what actual light/lamp is causing the dash light to come on
Headlight monitoring can be disabled but indicators are not so straight forward

I have fitted LED DRLs and have the bulb faults. I’ve plugged carista in and it won’t remove the faults nor can I find bulb monitoring in the carista menus.

Is it VCDS only? Anyone near Broughton Asley (south Leics) who has VCDS?

Ian

I have fitted LED DRLs and have the bulb faults. I’ve plugged carista in and it won’t remove the faults nor can I find bulb monitoring in the carista menus.

Ian
I'm not far from broughton Astley, I have obdeleven though not vcds.

Ian
Hi @

We're you able to resolve this issue?

I've installed the Phillips LED drl bulbs and getting a warning light on my display.

Let me know if vcd coding was successful

Brent

Ian
Hi Ian

I've got the same issue. Please let me know if you were able to resolve it

Brent

Hi @

We're you able to resolve this issue?

I've installed the Phillips LED drl bulbs and getting a warning light on my display.

Let me know if vcd coding was successful

Brent

Hi Ian

I've got the same issue. Please let me know if you were able to resolve it

Brent
Brent,

I’m popping to see a nearby forum member tomorrow, who has OBDeleven diagnostic software, so will report back.

Ian

Big thanks to @CarpyT6 for coding out the DRL bulb warning using OBDeleven dongle and software. Took a while to find the right menu and needed a full vehicle scan, however, the faulty bulb warning functionality for DRLs is switched off.

I can now book my MOT!

Ian

Can any one shed some light (pun intended) on this please.
My son has a 2013 Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo, and has been swapping out all of his bulbs throughout the vehicle (except for headlights) with LED versions. Doing bits at a time we have been able to identify where some Led's cause the bulb out indication, and then introduce additional Osram resistors to these circuits, which then prevents the bulb out warning. However he has just taken delivery of some units (Twenty20 - so reputable, not ebay gash) for the rear number plate lights, and it does not seem to matter what we do, he just keeps getting bulb out warnings. We have tried them on their own, we have tried them with additional resistors.
So when you code it out, is this effectively telling the canbus system that the voltage that it is reading is exactly what it should be and there are no errors, or is it just turning off the bulb monitoring system?
Equally, if someone can tell me what menu's it is in that would also be helpful - then I'll need to find someone with VCDS.

When I did it for @Paynewright recently it was just a case of ticking a box to stop the light coming on. I haven't done a rear number plate light but would assume it is the same. I'll have a look through the menu's and see if I can find anything.

When I did it for @Paynewright recently it was just a case of ticking a box to stop the light coming on. I haven't done a rear number plate light but would assume it is the same. I'll have a look through the menu's and see if I can find anything.
Just found it, byte 11 bit 6 I believe, in central electrics....

Edit. Just realized you said it's for a skoda so possibly different but the option should be there.

Just found it, byte 11 bit 6 I believe, in central electrics....

Edit. Just realized you said it's for a skoda so possibly different but the option should be there.
Thanks @CarpyT6, so it is just a case of turning off the notification rather than telling the stupid car that there is nothing wrong and all is working correctly.
so going to need VCDS then as can’t do that on Carista.

Thanks @CarpyT6, so it is just a case of turning off the notification rather than telling the stupid car that there is nothing wrong and all is working correctly.
so going to need VCDS then as can’t do that on Carista.
I think by ticking the box it is just telling the car everything is ok. Vcds or obdeleven should do the trick.

I think by ticking the box it is just telling the car everything is ok. Vcds or obdeleven should do the trick.
Cheers @CarpyT6. Don’t suppose you’d be willing to take a look? I’m up in Leicester with it on Saturday afternoon. Can supply bear tokens.

Cheers @CarpyT6. Don’t suppose you’d be willing to take a look? I’m up in Leicester with it on Saturday afternoon. Can supply bear tokens.
I would of but unfortunately I'm going to Cornwall on Saturday and leaving in the early morning.

Back