Clutch judder

stuart-t6

T6 Pro
Van is T32 lwb kombi 140 13k miles and sometimes More often first thing in the morning and for the first few gear changes I get a very small amount of clutch judder.
When it goes in for its first service I will mention it but has anyone else had similar?

Van is T32 lwb kombi 140 13k miles and sometimes More often first thing in the morning and for the first few gear changes I get a very small amount of clutch judder.
When it goes in for its first service I will mention it but has anyone else had similar?
Hi
I have the same judder nearly all the time, however I drive no throttle just lift of the clutch, I still get it, mines a 65 plate
What was the outcome?

Hi
I have the same judder nearly all the time, however I drive no throttle just lift of the clutch, I still get it, mines a 65 plate
What was the outcome?
It appears to have gone away by its self in fact I now notice some judder in my caddy which has only done 30k but that goes away within a few min also maybe it’s my driving...

Happens on my van some cold mornings, just slip the clutch with some revs once and its sorted, warms it up and cleans the friction material I guess

Mine does it too. Mentioned to dealer when it went for first inspection but they didn’t seem overly concerned by it o_O.

Mine does it too. Mentioned to dealer when it went for first inspection but they didn’t seem overly concerned by it o_O.
Yep I told the dealer when mine had its first service and they could not find anything wrong.
From my past experience with the main dealer I have no faith in them what so ever

I had this issue and was told I needed a new DMF (16 plate, 18k miles) When it went in for the work the vehicle stayed for a week and ended up having the Aircon compressor changed. Judder totally gone now.

Hi guys new to the forum.
Need some advice please.
Yesterday my 2016 transporter went in for a service the vw garage has told me it has a clutch judder and they will need to change the clutch but it's not covered under warranty there's only 31000 on the clock and it already needs a clutch they say it's wear and tear and will cost anything between £700 to £1400. Wear and tear after 31000 miles omg.
it already had the egr valve changed at 27000(under warranty)
I'm really annoyed at the clutch not been under warranty.
I have a small company I have a transporter a caddy and a golf and I'm seriously thinking of changing to another make.
Have yous any advice for me guys

Do you think it has clutch judder ? They may have spotted a tiny bit of judder, and see a profit opportunity. Unless of course they are saying that they can see something is worn aswell.
Clutches don't tend to be covered under warranty for long, due to the risk of abuse by drivers, so that isn't unusual.

Pete

Last edited:
A bit quick of them to say its not covered. If, for example its oil contamination from a crank or gearbox seal, i'd expect it to be covered.

It judders maybe a few times a month but nothing serious.
It was shaking alot before the egr valve went then when they fixed that it never shaked again until a few weeks ago. I was explaining this to them but they don't care they say there sure it needs a new clutch nothing got to do with the egr.

we have had the same problem on our t6 16 plate 36000, it comes and goes all the time , one month it can be fine then its all the time , been like this from new , not happy at all with this van , we will be changing brands after this van after 15 years of running transporters , we have seen a massive drop in quality , and when paying good money for new vans we dont expect them to fall apart so quick , we left vitos because of poor quality but feel Volkswagen are going the same way

Has anyone got to the bottom of this?
mine judders first thing in the morning when cold and goes by the time it’s warm. It happens if I pull away with no throttle which is how I’ve always pulled away in the van. Got it booked in as it’s worrying me but think I’ll be given the tablet by the dealer or have my pants down.
mines a t30 150ps swb 68 plate 15k miles.

My T6 18 Plate judders when cold too. But I found if I really press my heel into the carpet as I release the clutch it smooths it out, no problem. give it a go !!
Its fine when the engine has warmed up.

Back