Clutch Issues Again... Vw T5.1 Sportsline

BlackEgle3

Hi All,
I have a 2015 VW Transporter 5.1 Sportsline, 56k on the clock. Recently i drove the Van to a festival the Van was idle for 3 days i came back to set off home to find when pressing the clutch peddle down it would fully hit the ground, with no resistance.

I ended up having to get the Van towed to a garage who checked for leaks, i was told it could be the hydraulics/slave cylinder. Under investigation from the garage there were no leak at all.

The garage fixed the problem by bleeding the system, as there was trapped air in the pipe. This seemed to work and only cost 1hr labour! Great! As i was expecting a bill for £1k.

A month later and the same issue has occurred!! Has anyone else experienced this issue.

Will i need the garage to completely replace the clutch system even though there are no leaks etc... As the engine needs to come out and the labour itself is 8/9 hours.

Any suggestions would be great!
Thank you all in advance.

Mark

Its probably leaking from the slave cylinder in the bell housing.

Alright mate
Mine has the same issue ... did you find out what it was in the end ? I’m thinking slave cylinder .... ££££gulp ...
cheers
Chris

Hey,
It was really weird... so i payed to get the system bled, the clutch then was working.

Then a month later the same issue happened... i got the AA out and he bled the system again..

I had to take it to a garage and explain the situation, even the garage was confused...

Ended up spending £800 for a new clutch including labour. I think there was an internal bled from somewhere. As they need to take the engine out and bell housing etc, probably best you spend the money on a new clutch.

Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear.

Hiya
Thanks very much for that ... I think mine is the same - I’ve had it bled and it worked for a couple of weeks now gone again ... As you say might as well put a new clutch in at that point too ...
Thanks a lot for your help !
Chris

Back