For Sale Clayton Lithium Battery 'Possible Sale'!

andylad

VIP Member
I'm thinking of off-loading my Clayton LPS2500 100Ah for an upgraded solar version. I'm looking to recoup some of the cost but wanted to see if there would be any interest before i market it properly. I would be open to sensible offers before committing. Purchase and fitting was carried out in 2020. Great piece of kit!

Any takers?

@Skyliner33 was looking at these.

I've got the same model.

What you looking to swap it out for?

Oops my bad...

Missed that it was the LPS

And not the LPS2.

It's the LPS2 2500 100 that I have.....

I'm thinking of off-loading my Clayton LPS2500 100Ah for an upgraded solar version. I'm looking to recoup some of the cost but wanted to see if there would be any interest before i market it properly. I would be open to sensible offers before committing. Purchase and fitting was carried out in 2020. Great piece of kit!

Any takers?
List it on the for sale page.

Any takers?
Hi andy

Any takers?
hi @andylad are you only thinking of swapping because you want solar charging, I have a the older LPS 2500 with solar. I have a friend who installed these when he was a parter in a conversion company. He spoke with Clayton direct and got all the info on charging with solar. I use a Victron smart solar mppt which also gives the benefit of Bluetooth. Let me know if you want more details.

Hi andy

hi @andylad are you only thinking of swapping because you want solar charging, I have a the older LPS 2500 with solar. I have a friend who installed these when he was a parter in a conversion company. He spoke with Clayton direct and got all the info on charging with solar. I use a Victron smart solar mppt which also gives the benefit of Bluetooth. Let me know if you want more details.
Thanks, will do. I’ll explore with my local conversion company and see what’s the most cost effective option. The main reason is for wanting solar input which I’m sure could be possible with this unit.

Hi andy

That sounds like a great mod....

I'd love to hear all about it.

That sounds like a great mod....

I'd love to hear all about it.
IMG_4530.jpegIMG_4457.jpeg
Basically we was told to back charge the unit through the output connection of the LPS. So I connected positive to the fuse board and negative to the earth bus bar. I have attached photos of my current set up, this was temporary until proven. It worked a treat so needs tidying up. I opted for the Victron smartsolar mppt as it has the blue tooth option so I could monitor the solar input.

As simple as that!

And the LPS shows the charge coming in on its screen?

As simple as that!

And the LPS shows the charge coming in on its screen?
Yes I was surprised at how simple it was. The LPS does not show the watts going in but it does show the battery percentage going up as it would on hook up or the van running. I only have a renogy 100w panel and was surprised how well it topped up the LPS even without a massive amount of sunlight.

there you go @andylad

there is an option for you.

just add your own solar panel and mppt controller to retrofit Solar to your GEN1 LPS.

Out of interest, why is that fuse needed on the PV+ input on the MPPT? I see lots of arguments about if a fuse is needed at all, and Victron has their fuse at the Panel end not near the MPPT, I can see why it is needed there, but then in most installs it would be outside the van.

Back