CJ Van Designs Wiltshire

Has anyone had any recent experience with (or knowledge about) CJ Van Designs in Wiltshire (used to be in Wootton Bassett, then moved to Cricklade).

I’ve been chasing the owner about something for months, but have been ghosted. Finally went around today, but they have shipped out their premises and vanished!

The thing I went to see them about today is quite serious - a totally rotten floor in the conversion they did - so whilst I wasn’t really expecting he would correct it, it did hope I could discuss it with him.

If anyone else has been left in the lurch, or unsatisfied, it would be good to know!

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Registered office address

Braden Lane Garage, Chelworth Industrial Estate, Cricklade, Wiltshire, England, SN6 6HQ

Company status
Active — Active proposal to strike off

Company type

Private limited Company
Incorporated on 24 April 2014

1716410339744.png

1716410427816.png

Crickey, that’s shocking. Thanks for confirming what I feared!
If you lodge a claim against the company before it’s struck off you “might” be able to get some redress, depending on the financials. You need to take advice, but quickly. You will probably still end up with nothing, and have your own costs to pay.

If you lodge a claim against the company before it’s struck off you “might” be able to get some redress, depending on the financials. You need to take advice, but quickly. You will probably still end up with nothing, and have your own costs to pay.
Ah that’s interesting, thank you.

Do you (or anyone) have an idea about how I do that? Would that be via Companies House?

The key there is "take advice" - your local CAB may be help point you in the right direction

Thank you.

And just thinking about it, I would need to prove that it was their fault/negligence that has caused my floor to rot. That may be tricky.

Thank you.

And just thinking about it, I would need to prove that it was their fault/negligence that has caused my floor to rot. That may be tricky.
Very, the chance of success may not be great.
You say the floor is rotten, has there been a water leak?

Very, the chance of success may not be great.
You say the floor is rotten, has there been a water leak?
So, definitely not a leak internally. But somehow, water is getting up and into the ply.

When I last spoke to the bloke who did the conversion - and showed him the rotting floor - he mentioned that there is a ‘bung’ underneath the van that needs to be sealed. He said that if that isn’t sealed (which he assured me they do) then water can get in. I’ve since had the presence of this ‘bung’ questioned. (I’ve had an issue with my air compressors which has meant I haven’t been able to air the van up enough to get my head under it - that is now sorted so plan to take a look this weekend if I can).

But if anyone knows if there is such a ‘bung’ on a T6 that would be useful! It looks like the source of the water is somewhere near the sliding door pillar.

So, definitely not a leak internally. But somehow, water is getting up and into the ply.

When I last spoke to the bloke who did the conversion - and showed him the rotting floor - he mentioned that there is a ‘bung’ underneath the van that needs to be sealed. He said that if that isn’t sealed (which he assured me they do) then water can get in. I’ve since had the presence of this ‘bung’ questioned. (I’ve had an issue with my air compressors which has meant I haven’t been able to air the van up enough to get my head under it - that is now sorted so plan to take a look this weekend if I can).

But if anyone knows if there is such a ‘bung’ on a T6 that would be useful! It looks like the source of the water is somewhere near the sliding door pillar.

There’s a large bung underneath each cabin seat, but as you’d likely have a rubber floor in that area, I’d be surprised if that was the one and only source of water ingress. Underbody splash panels should also inhibit this.

The other bungs are on the side-sills and don’t lead directly in to the cargo bag, but for your own investigating, here they are anyway

Floor / Chassis Bungs - Cable-run.

As for sealing them, that’s something I’ve not heard people do..

Ah that’s interesting, thank you.

Do you (or anyone) have an idea about how I do that? Would that be via Companies House?
Hi,
I’ve been strung along about getting my bed upholstery. Paid CJVan Designs for custom upholstery with the Eazy bed. Took delivery of the frame last year ever since have been strung along by company Colin passed the upholstery work to. They’ve now claimed he never paid them for the job and I of course now can’t get hold of him. So I’m stuck with just cutout foam and loose boards!

• Wow
Hi,
I’ve been strung along about getting my bed upholstery. Paid CJVan Designs for custom upholstery with the Eazy bed. Took delivery of the frame last year ever since have been strung along by company Colin passed the upholstery work to. They’ve now claimed he never paid them for the job and I of course now can’t get hold of him. So I’m stuck with just cutout foam and loose boards!
Did you pay by credit card? If so, do a chargeback.

If it's a credit card it's Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act and is a legal protection

Chargeback is for debit cards and is not a legal protection, only part of the rules setup by Visa/MasterCard for card issuers

Martin Lewis covers this well:

Don’t pay in advance is my advice especially if the job is through a third party. If and when you do pay always get an itemised receipt.

Did you pay by credit card? If so, do a chargeback.
Unfortunately paid via debit card - think I remember he was either charging a high transaction fee or didn’t offer credit card!!

Don’t pay in advance is my advice especially if the job is through a third party. If and when you do pay always get an itemised receipt.
Agree should have done - hindsight is a wonderful thing. Generally I do pay on credit card for larger amounts. But as I’d met him in person at his conversion business and been in email correspondence prior to order confirming the upholstery, I’d perhaps been pulled in and less wary of possible problems

• Sad
Back