Chrome badge lettering: reuse or replace?.

kkev

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Good morning.
My t6 highline is going for repainting. Will the chrome lettering come off for reusing, or not? If not does anyone know where to get replacements.

VeeDub transporters do lettering in many colours (silver, black, carbon etc). A good chance to match you ?new? Colour?

Good morning.
My t6 highline is going for repainting. Will the chrome lettering come off for reusing, or not? If not does anyone know where to get replacements.

I wouldn't bother putting them back on, most people de-badge the tailgate anyway. They look a lot cleaner and less cluttered, plus you don't get polish stuck between the letters and it's always good fun making up new words with the letters. There's actually a thread somewhere on the latter.

I wouldn't bother putting them back on, most people de-badge the tailgate anyway. They look a lot cleaner and less cluttered, plus you don't get polish stuck between the letters and it's always good fun making up new words with the letters. There's actually a thread somewhere on the latter.
https://t6forum.com/threads/lettering-for-the-back-of-the-t6.6495/post-101013
https://t6forum.com/threads/self-de-badging.2050/post-34272
:geek:

Good morning.
As @Tourershine says, leave them off. Makes for a cleaner backend that’s a lot easier to clean and wax. Plus you can never properly clean between all the letters.

I didn't mention that it has barn doors and I'm just having lower half done in caravelle style. Also can't decide where to make the line.

I didn't mention that it has barn doors and I'm just having lower half done in caravelle style. Also can't decide where to make the line.
Oh, you’ll want this thread by @Andysmee then:

Thanks for that food for thought. I like the one red/white with bike rack.
Mine's candy white, chosen non VW colour. Firenze red metallic, which is a range rover colour for lower half.
Is that sacrilege?

Thanks for that food for thought. I like the one red/white with bike rack.
Mine's candy white, chosen non VW colour. Firenze red metallic, which is a range rover colour for lower half.
Is that sacrilege?

Hi ads, had a change of heart re colour and went for VW fortana red metallic. It's being done starting Monday. You seem pretty knowledgeable so you might be able to help me with a separate question:

Hello, anyone got an M and and F going? I could buy a california and multivan lettering but i was trying to avoid unnecessary purchases.. i'd obvs pay for the letters..

thnaks in advance!

Back