Cheap Set Of 18” Steels Anyone - JBW 18”

I see these are 8J whilst VW Amarok 18’s are 7.5J.. is there much in it when it comes to tyre sizing? I noticed people were fitting 245 profile tyres to their Amarok wheels and having no issue, so assume that half an inch isn’t a big issue?

I see these are 8J whilst VW Amarok 18’s are 7.5J.. is there much in it when it comes to tyre sizing? I noticed people were fitting 245 profile tyres to their Amarok wheels and having no issue, so assume that half an inch isn’t a big issue?

To answer your question, yes the winters you had off me will fit perfectly.

Welcome to the steel wheel crew :thumbsup:

(now get the wheels done in Gloss Black:whistle:)

To answer your question, yes the winters you had off me will fit perfectly.

Welcome to the steel wheel crew :thumbsup:

(now get the wheels done in Gloss Black :whistle:)
Haha, you’re good at this wheel lark. You and @T6180. You both must have shares in the major wheel manufacturers ;)

But genuine question - I assume there’s a bit of give when it comes to tyre widths (BTW I was happy that your tyres would fit).

And gloss black? Maybe. Just maybe.

But genuine question - I assume there’s a bit of give when it comes to tyre widths (BTW I was happy that your tyres would fit).

And gloss black? Maybe. Just maybe.

8" wheels give your size of tyre as ideal, as do 7"
There's always a variety of widths and profiles that will fit different width wheels, from maximum, to minimum, to ideal.

Yeah Gloss Black steels on a Silver T6 will look cool.

You just need a set of spacers now :whistle:

Hi all I've a starlight blue T6 any suggestions on steel wheels colours type etc would be much appreciated any pictures would be great.
Thanks I'm new to this.

Hi all I've a starlight blue T6 any suggestions on steel wheels colours type etc would be much appreciated any pictures would be great.
Thanks I'm new to this.

Have a scan through here Team Blue
Granted, not many are on steels, but you can get a general idea.

I always think if you're going low in a Blue T6, then a dark colour wheel works perfect, but at standard height they look better in Silver. Blue struggles to pull off some of the more unusual colours, but that's just my own opinion and I know nothing John Snow.

Welcome to the forum.

Were you happy with the wheels?
Yes mate - they were marked as seconds and quite rightly so - there are a few imperfections in both the paint and the metal finish, but from 5 feet away you wouldn’t notice this, so for £200 (eBay had a 10% off sale) I’m happy. I chucked @Tourershine’s winter tyres on and they look the bees knees
(I’d show you a photo but I’m still waiting on my centre caps to arrive... the seller only has 1 previous rating so I’m starting to think he’s a fraud).

Last edited:
Had some of these for mine from them direct, they weren’t seconds but the paint finish was poor. Got them repainted in BMW grey
3E038937-4F3D-439B-AFB4-AE0912873543.jpeg

Have a scan through here Team Blue
Granted, not many are on steels, but you can get a general idea.

I always think if you're going low in a Blue T6, then a dark colour wheel works perfect, but at standard height they look better in Silver. Blue struggles to pull off some of the more unusual colours, but that's just my own opinion and I know nothing John Snow.

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you

Yes mate - they were marked as seconds and quite rightly so - there are a few imperfections in both the paint and the metal finish, but from 5 feet away you wouldn’t notice this, so for £200 (eBay had a 10% off sale) I’m happy. I chucked @Tourershine’s winter tyres on and they look the bees knees
(I’d show you a photo but I’m still waiting on my centre caps to arrive... the seller only has 1 previous rating so I’m starting to think he’s a fraud).
Hello pal,

We're looking at a set of these JBW Pepperpots, do standard centre caps fit?

I had Amaroks on my T5 and then moved them to my T6, but since fitted Amarok alloys (Milford). My partner just bought a T5 and she likes steelies too, we're considering Amaroks (I sold mine just over a month ago!), but I like that these are that little bit wider. Looking to run 225/50 as I think they strike that balance between the very low (and non-load rated) 225/45s and the too-chunky 235/50s.

Hello pal,

We're looking at a set of these JBW Pepperpots, do standard centre caps fit?

I had Amaroks on my T5 and then moved them to my T6, but since fitted Amarok alloys (Milford). My partner just bought a T5 and she likes steelies too, we're considering Amaroks (I sold mine just over a month ago!), but I like that these are that little bit wider. Looking to run 225/50 as I think they strike that balance between the very low (and non-load rated) 225/45s and the too-chunky 235/50s.
I bought the JBW 18" steels, seconds, and yes the standard centre caps fit.
Cheers Dave.
I’m running 245/45/18

I bought the JBW 18" steels, seconds, and yes the standard centre caps fit.
Cheers Dave

Anyone know if these are the same as stitches and steel's new steel?
They look really similar and I wouldn't be surprised if they are. Identical specs...
JBW admit theirs are made in the east and their pricing's similar to S+S. Whereas if you look at THQ's new Navis brand, totally unique, their Steelies are £1k!

Back