Charity Donation

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
I have cut this from another thread, a helpful member
How about we help him ?

And whilst I'm posting on the forum, here is a shameless plug for my Charity Fundraising Climb of Mount Kilimanjaro which I am doing next week! www.justgiving.com/bobdalgleish. (The trip is all self-funded so 100% of contributions go to the small charity, Fanconi Hope, which I now run).

I take my hat off to you sir that is quite an undertaking

Now i have just been looking at his Just Giving page and (i hope you dont mind me saying) this guy is in his 60s, climbing Kilimanjaro is quite a feat and i know i would not be able to do it and im in my 30s !

He is setting off anyday now and is still short of his £3000 target with over £700 to go, how about we help him get a bit closer ?

Just giving page - Read Robert's story

I appreciate not everyone has loads of money lying around and i dont want to sound like one of the TV ads who only want £3 a month but the minimum donation you can make is £2 - now just think if half the people reading this donated £2 what would that add up to ???

Go on, it will make you feel all warm on the inside :)

I have cut this from another thread, a helpful member
How about we help him ?

I take my hat off to you sir that is quite an undertaking

Now i have just been looking at his Just Giving page and (i hope you dont mind me saying) this guy is in his 60s, climbing Kilimanjaro is quite a feat and i know i would not be able to do it and im in my 30s !

He is setting off anyday now and is still short of his £3000 target with over £700 to go, how about we help him get a bit closer ?

Just giving page - Read Robert's story

I appreciate not everyone has loads of money lying around and i dont want to sound like one of the TV ads who only want £3 a month but the minimum donation you can make is £2 - now just think if half the people reading this donated £2 what would that add up to ???

Go on, it will make you feel all warm on the inside :)
Done...donation made

Getting to the summit in just a week is a real achievement, given its altitude and minimal acclimation possible. This is not a stroll up Ben Nevis. Respect, sir.

Donation made. Come on the rest of you, stop being stingy. Think, just one less pint in the pub this weekend will help get @Mccoatup closer to his target. That’s not a lot when you consider how much some folk are spending on rims! Some have even less excuse who are already on their 2nd set of rims.......

Thanks to all on the T6Forum who so generously donated to my Mount Kilimanjaro Charity Climb, and particularly to Pauly for promoting it on the Forum for me.
So, after 6 days and 55 miles with 2 guides, 15 porters and a cook, we reached the 19,540 foot summit of Mount Kilimanjaro, raising nearly £3,500 for my Charity, Fanconi Hope.
The most gruelling climb I have ever been on, and at age 64, likely to remain so! Time now to relax and spend more time with the family in our campervan!

Summit Photo.jpg
That's me on the left!

Awesome shot. Well done for such an achievement. Something to be rightfully proud of.

Well done @Mccoatup , that’s some achievement at that altitude. Nice coat the man on the right is wearing, just bought one myself.

Back