changing the headlights

tonyteeth

Good afternoon,I have recently purchased a 2018 T28,i will be doing a few upgrades on it and, a common gripe seems to be about how dull the main lights are,can I simply purchase some white light bulbs or does it need a bit more doing than that.
It may seem a daft question to most but I am completely new to the T6 club.

There are many threads on this. Try a search for H4 or H7.
A good start would be to confirm what lights you have now.
H4 are the worst, H7 are the next best, and LED are the best.
Within that mix there are after market options.

Have a good browse first, but if you have H4 lights then it is very unlikely that you will be satisfied with just a bulb upgrade.

Pete

If your running H4 found these to be a big improvement over standard lamps...but then sending out a lad with a candle beats standard fodder:

There are many threads on this. Try a search for H4 or H7.
A good start would be to confirm what lights you have now.
H4 are the worst, H7 are the next best, and LED are the best.
Within that mix there are after market options.

Have a good browse first, but if you have H4 lights then it is very unlikely that you will be satisfied with just a bulb upgrade.

Pete

Unfortunately due to the current lockdown situation its still at the garage waiting to be collected.Do the lights vary depending on what variation of the T6 it is or is it luck of the draw

Post a pic of the van from the front and we can spend a few more posts arguing about what headlights your van has and the merits of the various improvements that can be made.

That impressive then,looks like that’s job number 1 then if I have the H4 s

Grab a drink and read this thread. Transporterhq (thq) Aftermarket Replacement Headlights

I've linked to the page where the conclusion was drawn, but reading it from the start might give you some insight into what a few of us have been through.

Just had a good read of that thread thankyou,wow went straight over my head most of it as I am completely new to it all,

Yep I have the dreaded H4 s

My t6 had H7 lights and believe me they are truly shite. So don't be thinking of upgrading from H4 to H7 as you will be disappointed. I have just fitted the led drl lights from van tech. They are still using Halogen bulbs, H11 for dip and H9 for main and are significantly more powerful. Having said that, still not as powerful as ide hoped but then there are better bulb options available. They cost a whisker under £400 inc vat and delivery.

Back