Carplay on Composition Media

adibell

Hi, I was sure I saw a bunch of posts a while back where people were successful upgrading the composition media to work with Carplay, but now I can't find them and I'm supposed to be working. Did I imagine that this was possible?

I'm going to look at getting a Crafter later today, and I think it has the composition media...I'm just keen for a quick answer whether it's possible to 'unlock' carplay on it...I'll do the reading up when I have more time!

You can either pay the dealer to do this or, a handful of companies who have a crack for the protection can also enable it for you.

Thanks Loz. So noone on the forum had found a DIY solution previous? I must have just imagined seeing posts saying there was!

No DIY that i am aware of, some retrofitters offer this service for a price which seems to be around £100-£150, this activates all functions on the headunit (app connect/voice control etc) and allows any SD card to be used and can also permanently remove component protection so unit can be fitted in any vehicle

Brill, thanks both! Turned out the Crafter I went to look at did have Carplay on it anyway, so not a worry.

Back