Carpet lining rear barn doors

Andy66

VIP Member
I'm after a bit of advice please, currently carpet lining the van and i'm curious what people have done on the rear barn doors. I have glass in the top half and have already carpet lined the board to cover the bottom half access hole but what have people done for covering the metal bodywork of the doors.
Obviously you can only do up to where the seals on the rear of the body meet the door, does anyone have any pics of there's so i ca see how they have done it and what it looks like, as in my head it looks a bit odd :unsure:.

Thanks
Andy

We just carpeted the panels below the windows that we had put in. Left the painted metal bare elsewhere.
anything else looks odd, and has unfinished carpet lines when you open the doors.

Pete

Hi Pete, yep that's what i was thinking, but on the flip side from up front and you look to the back everything is carpet lined apart from the rear doors...which again in my head looks a bit odd......but maybe not as odd ;)

Andy

Carpet lining the barn doors (in fact, tailgate and sliding door too) looks wrong to me, unfinished edges etc.

I was thinking of making and carpeting some full height panels like these;

Screenshot_2020-04-11-21-40-52-514.jpeg

I've seen a van somewhere with it done, the curtains sitting just behind them, will have to have a bit more of a Google about.

Carpet lining the barn doors (in fact, tailgate and sliding door too) looks wrong to me, unfinished edges etc.

I was thinking of making and carpeting some full height panels like these;

View attachment 65727

I've seen a van somewhere with it done, the curtains sitting just behind them, will have to have a bit more of a Google about.
Looks a good option that I’m considering too. Did you get these in the end? How did it come out?

Reactions: evy
Back