Carpet around barn doors edge problem

nik martin

Does anyone know of a way to make the edges of the carpet around the barn doors look neater? I've done the usual draw around the the edge of the white part when the doors are closed so as not get the edges wet. And have glued the stretch carpet on up to the line as neat as I can. I've also seen videos of some guys using a sharp Stanley blade to make the edges neater. But surely if you do that it will cut through the paint and leave it susceptible to rusting. It all looks great when you put the rubber edges back on and the panels but the outside edge just looks slightly ragged. I know its only seen when the doors are open but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to make it look more factory.

I would think the only way around this would be to seal or cut it using heat or like you mentioned the ultra sharp blade. Other than that I have no idea!

Yes, that's kind of what I was imagining. Something self sticking. That is not too thick as to affect the seal from the actual door shutting on it. I'll have a little look into that. I've seen some guys that have glued some edging around the bit before carpeting it. But it looked a real messy and time consuming job. Glueing and tons of tape to keep into place while it dried. But a nice piece of edging that is self sticking seems like a good way to go. Thanks guys.

Back