Carista fuel system prime

nl1965

VIP Member
Hoping to be able to replace fuel filter on van but was a bit concerned about priming after change. I have a Carista that appears to have fuel system prime as an option under service tools but also seen posts from 2020 saying not possible to use Carista for this. Is this a recent addition to Carista functionality or is there something I am missing? Don't want to change filter if I am going to have issues with priming afterwards.

Hoping to be able to replace fuel filter on van but was a bit concerned about priming after change. I have a Carista that appears to have fuel system prime as an option under service tools but also seen posts from 2020 saying not possible to use Carista for this. Is this a recent addition to Carista functionality or is there something I am missing? Don't want to change filter if I am going to have issues with priming afterwards.
Never used it but why not try priming the filter before changing the filter, if the tank pump operates it works.

I just filled the new filter with diesel before fitting and it started straight away.

Just changed fuel filter and Carista service tool ran both pumps and successfully primed system. This little thing goes on saving me money!

Did mine today. Carista works perfectly. Crud from the ‘dirty’ side of the old filter shows it’s been doing its job over the last 49,000 miles.

IMG_5333.jpeg

Back