Caravelle Rubber

lexhorton

has anyone tried making or had fitted some kind of rubber layer that could work on top of the caravelle carpet?

Or

Ripped it all out and replaced with a comparable thickness rubber with decent acoustic properties?

Been looking around and found carpets to go on top but thinking of trying to make something up with sheets of the rubber with coins sized dots on etc

Alex

has anyone tried making or had fitted some kind of rubber layer that could work on top of the caravelle carpet?

Or

Ripped it all out and replaced with a comparable thickness rubber with decent acoustic properties?

Been looking around and found carpets to go on top but thinking of trying to make something up with sheets of the rubber with coins sized dots on etc

Alex

You will struggle with the rubber tiles (called monopave in the trade) as they wont form to uneven shapes in floor very easily unless it’s completely dead flat

Purchased some from Rugs for Bugs. You can ask them for a sample of the rubber. I am very happy with the set I purchased

Hi, how have folks got on with the Caravelle passenger/boot area rubber mats? I'm wondering if they will lie flat around the rails or just become a trip hazard. We also have fixing points for wheelchairs in the floor (like the attached, are they Q straints?), which could make a mat stick up. Does anyone know if these can these be removed?

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 09.17.06.png

Back