andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Does anyone know the part number for a caravelle headlight please ? Im looking at upgrading from H4.
I was going to go for the THQ's but after seeing some pictures of the caravelle's I've changed my mind.
Can anyone recommend the best place to buy a pair ?

If they’re genuine VW H7, they’re as per the bottom photo - there’s only one type. Subtle difference in looks between the H7s and H4’s. The H7 DRLs are a strip below the low beam (outer reflector) whereas the H4 DRLs are the large inner reflector. Personal choice, but I like the cleaner look of the H7s.

Also, if you code the lights so that the high beam includes the low beam as well, you get four lights on high beam, with 220w, rather than the 120w over two lights from the H4s.

85AC67AA-A9DE-4021-A3F8-3E0B7578D48C.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anyone know the part number for a caravelle headlight please ? Im looking at upgrading from H4.
I was going to go for the THQ's but after seeing some pictures of the caravelle's I've changed my mind.
Can anyone recommend the best place to buy a pair ?

Sorry don’t have the part number, but you can tell by the size of the main reflector, as it’s bigger on the H4, and the DRL inner reflector on the H4 is dimpled. The H7 low beam (outer) reflector is slightly smaller to accommodate the DRL below.

Thanks so much for the info , if you mind me asking how much did you pay for yours on ebay? Im going to keep an eye out for sale that come up for sale

Thanks so much for the info , if you mind me asking how much did you pay for yours on ebay? Im going to keep an eye out for sale that come up for sale

No worries, they were £102 plus postage. Just got lucky, as it was an auction. Sold the old H4’s for similar money, so really it was a straight swap.

:waving:

Funnily enough, I’ve owned the headlights for a week longer than I’ve owned the van for!

@Pauly

Are the ones you have for sale in the forum shop (£184.99) the same as what @Spaghettiboy78 has on his van ? Cheers
I would assume so, there is only one type of H7 available from VWUK (which is where ours come from) although I have seen some headlights on eBay in the past that have the word black in the title and appear a bit different, I’m still not sure exactly what these are

I would assume so, there is only one type of H7 available from VWUK (which is where ours come from) although I have seen some headlights on eBay in the past that have the word black in the title and appear a bit different, I’m still not sure exactly what these are
Thanks Pauly, much appreciated

Back