Caravelle Executive (lowering how much)

All very confusing this.
This link clearly shows the exec is 20mm lower than the SE ...
https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/c...ions/original./MY18_caravelle_t6_brochure.pdf

Spoke to VW northampton yesterday and they reckon the SE and Exec are both same height !!!

EDIT::

Just to update ...
Just got off the phone to their parts dept (very helpful dealership btw).
They have compared parts numbers of springs between 2017 Caravelle SE and 2017 Caravelle Exec. .... the part numbers are different, meaning the 20mm difference is more likely than not.

Last edited:
All very confusing this.
This link clearly shows the exec is 20mm lower than the SE ...
https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/c...ions/original./MY18_caravelle_t6_brochure.pdf

Spoke to VW northampton yesterday and they reckon the SE and Exec are both same height !!!

EDIT::

Just to update ...
Just got off the phone to their parts dept (very helpful dealership btw).
They have compared parts numbers of springs between 2017 Caravelle SE and 2017 Caravelle Exec. .... the part numbers are different, meaning the 20mm difference is more likely than not.
I would tend to agree, the Exec has 20mm lower springs with or without DCC

As above, the springs are VW supplied, so there should be no warranty issues. Gives a nice stance - Ill take some pics when Im back in the office next week. I believe its 30mm of the standard caravelle height.
Hi there, I’m looking to buy a 2021 t6.1 caravelle exec and wondered if it’s possible to fit these lowering springs. If it is possible can you let me know how much they’re to fit. Thanks.

Ok, the only reason we fitted springs was because it had DCC and was warranty friendly. I wouldn’t fit springs to a standard passive suspension setup, just not a setup we would recommend. . We have many options for your caravelle that will Improve the ride, looks and drive

Ok, the only reason we fitted springs was because it had DCC and was warranty friendly. I wouldn’t fit springs to a standard passive suspension setup, just not a setup we would recommend. . We have many options for your caravelle that will Improve the ride, looks and drive
Okay thanks, so I could go with the THQ NSL option? I’m looking to have the Velle usable as a daily, but improve the look and handling while pairing with a set of 20 Supermetal Cells.

Okay thanks, so I could go with the THQ NSL option? I’m looking to have the Velle usable as a daily, but improve the look and handling while pairing with a set of 20 Supermetal Cells.
Yes absolutely. This is a great kit that works very well. Being a Coilover you can set the height exactly how you want. We are an authorised dealer for Solow, and we presently have a vehicle on site fitted with this kit if you want to try before you buy. We are also a Supermetal dealer :). Finished off with a hunter alignment we can offer the whole setup up as a drive in drive out service. We also offer mail order / if we can be any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Back