Caravelle Executive (lowering how much)

How does Pythagoras come into play? If the sensor is move by x mm vertically at source, the beam will differ vertically by x mm anywhere along the 200m range, or am u missing the point? As LED's go, won't the beam just be lower, same with any vehicle that's lowered?

We have lowered our 204 Exec with ACC and DCC, on the VW Eibach springs to keep the warranty intact, and have absolutely no issues whatsoever. I also know of one other who has done this as well. The lowering springs were listed for the vehicle, at VW.
Good to know thanks, lots of quids for a 10mm drop though if you're not trade!

How does Pythagoras come into play? If the sensor is move by x mm vertically at source, the beam will differ vertically by x mm anywhere along the 200m range, or am u missing the point? As LED's go, won't the beam just be lower, same with any vehicle that's lowered?
I meant trigonometry; got my maths terms mixed up.

sorting my 19" wheels over the next 2 weeks..then 20mm drop DIY how hard can it be :)

A couple of things to think about:
In the 2016MY Brochure for the Vel. VW called the suspension upgrade Adaptive Chassis Control-(DCC); god knows why? So people would abbreviate Adaptive Chassis Control to ACC; which was the same abbreviation for Adaptive Cruise Control. So ACC could mean two different things. Now for the 2017MY, they have gone to Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC), hallelujah!!!!!!!!! So there are some use of abbreviations that have been miss leading. Not sure if this explains any of the above?

T5 Vels used to have a standard 30mm drop over T5 Transporters; it doesn't mention that any where now for T6 Vels that I know of; but does talk about a 20mm drop if you have the DCC option fitted!

The Golf boys with DCC do put lowered springs on according to loads of threads, and it seems to work OK; don't know if any of this is factory approved!

Last edited:
As above, the springs are VW supplied, so there should be no warranty issues. Gives a nice stance - Ill take some pics when Im back in the office next week. I believe its 30mm of the standard caravelle height.

As above, the springs are VW supplied, so there should be no warranty issues. Gives a nice stance - Ill take some pics when Im back in the office next week. I believe its 30mm of the standard caravelle height.
Might be worth it if it is, I'll be keen to hear!

Look forward to seeing them. Does it drive OK?

My VW dealer said they fit 35mm eibach's
im confused I've seen 30mm and 40mm but not 35?
Any pics and more info please ie: part numbers
thanks

its 30mm Eibach lowering springs from VW
going to order some and fit them myself :)

I saw this Velle at the Chichester branch Oli, it looks lower in real life and presumed it had the HR springs on it.
Lovely colour and the splitter looks smart.

Kev

Thanks Kev. We have a new splitter we are using now, with a bit more detail. Ill get some pics up of this one soon.

can any body confirm i have the right kit
i was given this vw part number from vw dealer 30mm Eibach lowering
ZGB7H0071677A
my axles are
1 - 1610
2 - 1515

well arrived today...
rear done very easy...
only done 1 side front .. tackle other side tomorrow...
:):):)

ok Done !
30mm lower genuine Eibach kit from VW
took me and a mate 2 days but wasn't rushing and only worked half days to be honest
the result it a total transformation in looks
not driven it yet as its raining now 5pm
im so chuffed cost £215 :):):):):):):):):):):):)

ok Done !
30mm lower genuine Eibach kit from VW
took me and a mate 2 days but wasn't rushing and only worked half days to be honest
the result it a total transformation in looks
not driven it yet as its raining now 5pm
im so chuffed cost £215 :):):):):):):):):):):):)
Looking forward to the pics!!!! Looking at putting some 19's or 20's on minebut apprihensive at the lowering due to the 4Motion thing though i cant see 30mm burning out uj's any faster than just using it as a load carrying van...

Make sure you get the alignment done. Most are out from the factory, so a good excuse to get it truly sorted. Looking forward to pics.

Daza2001 - No issue with lowering 4-motions, we've done loads, with absolutely no issues whatsoever. In fact my 4-motion is slammed on Bilsteins

Back