Caravelle Executive (lowering how much)

SWEEEET!!! Love the black rims, I'm 100% going down the black rim route:cool:, just need a lottery win! Just enough to do the business to my kombi, I'm not greedy...

Last edited:
Just go with 30 mm drop - Just need to find some eibachs for a decent price and someone to fit them.

there easy to fit yourself
if you can borrow tools
if you know someone in the trade there £215 inc vat ;)

there easy to fit yourself
if you can borrow tools
if you know someone in the trade there £215 inc vat ;)
What's involved with changing the springs? The back I imagine is straightforward but the front looks more difficult

Rears are pretty easy but its worth noting that even with the van lifted so tyres are of the floor and the bottom bolt removed from the rear shock the lower arm does not drop enough to remove all tension on the spring, force is still required to remove it

Fronts are more tricky as you have to access more parts to get the shock out, the top nut is concealed behind a removable black panel in the scuttle plate, once out you will need a spring compressor to work on the springs as they are always under tension
If you dont have the correct tools its one of those jobs that i think is easier to get a garage to do although as always its much more satisfying doing it yourself and then torques are measured in Nm instead of dugga duggas :)

Rears are pretty easy but its worth noting that even with the van lifted so tyres are of the floor and the bottom bolt removed from the rear shock the lower arm does not drop enough to remove all tension on the spring, force is still required to remove it

Fronts are more tricky as you have to access more parts to get the shock out, the top nut is concealed behind a removable black panel in the scuttle plate, once out you will need a spring compressor to work on the springs as they are always under tension
If you dont have the correct tools its one of those jobs that i think is easier to get a garage to do although as always its much more satisfying doing it yourself and then torques are measured in Nm instead of dugga duggas :)
Thanks, I can get a spring compressor, I take it there is no reason to remove the front hubs to change them?

So is the Caravelle 20mm lower as standard.I'm getting b14 fitted tomorrow so if i get it dropped 50mm that would be equivalent to 70mm drop for a kombi?

I have only changed my rears so not looked at the fronts properly but wouldnt have thought so

I have only changed my rears so not looked at the fronts properly but wouldnt have thought so
Thanks for your help I think I might have a look when we get back off holiday, Is there a T6 manual available?

Thanks for your help I think I might have a look when we get back off holiday, Is there a T6 manual available?
Yes we have various documentation covering all sorts, let me have a scan through some stuff and see what i can find you

So is the Caravelle 20mm lower as standard.I'm getting b14 fitted tomorrow so if i get it dropped 50mm that would be equivalent to 70mm drop for a kombi?

The 20mm lowering is part of the dynamic suspension. which may be or not tied in with the DCC a cost option
If you try and build a Vel, you don't get the option of DCC & Dynamic Suspension. and it is 1970mm high
If you try and build a Vel Exec you do get the cost option of DCC & Dynamic suspension; but this is the strange thing the Vel exec is 1950mm high according to the data, regardless of the options.

So in summary all plain vanilla swb Vels are 1970mm high ex factory
And Vel Execs are defiantly 1950mm high fitted with DCC; but Vel Execs without DCC.... the VW info is conflicting.

It's all coming back to me ordering mine, I had to sit with the dealer for a few hours as his system had more info than the brochure/online config.:confused::confused::confused:

Quite frankly my tool kit consists of a pair of pliers, 57 allen keys from ikea all the same size and a hammer so pretty sure Im going to find the local grease monkey ha

Thanks for the reply chriscroft.Think i should stop worrying about what it's at at the moment and just let the garage set it up.Can't wait to pick it up.

Back