Car park ding - f@@@ing fuming :(

Anthony Ball

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Took my new van to the NEC show yesterday , only the second time we've been anywhere as a family in it , parked up out the way a bit with the other motor homes and vans , got back in dark so never noticed but just been out and there's a 50mm vertical ding in my sliding door , absolutely not happy :( there are some clueless people about and I would happily punch someone square in the gob if I saw it happen !!

You would hope that a campervan show is the one place where you could take your van and it wouldn't get damaged! If that happens there what hope do we have in supermarkets

Gutted for you. Had the same thing (although not quite as big) happen to mine 1st week I got it.

Being the side door, it might be easily accessible and a simple job for a Chips Away Guy??

I know it's probably a fairly easy fix , but I'm still hopping mad , we parked it right out the way and it still got done , obviously it's the first damage we've had so makes it worse , but I suppose we need to get used to it :(
I've always had oldish cars so never been too bothered about stuff like this but just the other week my daily drive ( 54 plate Vauxhall Signum) took a right hit on the rear bumper whilst parked up and that really pissed me off , but this is on another level of pissed offness !!

Gutted and I know exactly how you feel. :mad:

Last weekend I parked my van in a multistory, managed to back into a tight spot and got the nearside right up tight to a concrete pillar so the kids could exit via the slider. I noticed when we came back that the car next to us was different and I had a cursory look down the offside to look for damage and couldn't see anything and drove off. I should have looked closer as the absolute tnuc had put an 8" scrape just above the sills. If I managed to park my lwb bus without hitting anything why the feck can't they swing into a space without doing the same!?

So it's less than a week old and already needs paint. :mad::mad::mad:

Suppose I will have to use the money I saved on my new awning at the show to pay the dent man to fix it !! I've been on to security at the NEC to check their CCTV but not expecting much

I feel your pain. I am totally anal about parking and getting bumped from some careless A Hole. Even my daily driver a mk 4 golf I park as far away as possible and across bays if it's not busy and I think I can get away with it.
I have had a few conversations before along the lines:
Someone: That's bad parking?
Me: if I planned for my car to be in a particular position and it ended up not exactly where I wanted it then that would be bad parking. However since I wanted it to be cock eyed to stop someone bumping it and it's exactly where I intended it to be, then it's good parking.
Don't usually get a reply.
Hope I haven't jinxed myself now.

might even come out with vacuum suction jobbie...

Got about a vertical 10" white line on my passenger door from some carpark door basher. Today I tried polishing it out, also had to resort to T Cutting but the paint is scratched so only a respray would be the cure. On a Blackberry which makes it worse.

I'd look for a 'dents away' outfit as they can usually do the job with no paintwork damage.

I did get Chips Away out to do chips on 2 cars only to be told "I don't do that" when he came to look. Seems they respray the whole panel or part of it it there is a seam to go to.

I nipped in the supermarket today and as I was leaving the van in a relatively empty car park (purposely over two spaces for it's safety)a woman said"excuse me but you are taking up two spaces"

I told her to mind her own business :rofl:

Lol , good to hear it's not just me :) I'm off out in Manchester tomorrow with a group of mates , I'm sure I'll mellow after a few beers :)

Where are you Andrew?
If it’s any consolation I can recommend a good dent company in Shropshire.

I nipped in the supermarket today and as I was leaving the van in a relatively empty car park (purposely over two spaces for it's safety)a woman said"excuse me but you are taking up two spaces"

I told her to mind her own business :rofl:
I've thought about doing that but I can't help thinking you run the risk of attracting the wrong kind of attention. I was sat in an ASDA carpark.....found a space out of the way....no one about. Guess what....ged klampit in his f*cked old skoda comes and parks next to me! Thought I'd hang about.....sure enough, I hear and feel the ding as he flings his door open against mine! Fortunately, no damage but the air was blue. He just looked at me like a complete mong and never said a word!! Gutted for you mate....really gutted! Parking spaces are too small in this country....but I don't suppose it matters what size they are to some!:mad:

i'd be annoyed about the ding, but its aways going to happen, I've had it happen to all my new cars.

Its just a car/van, but still bloody annoying, those people will always be out there regards of where you park, someone ran a trolley into the corner of my front end in the first two weeks at Bunnings.

No point fixing it as its not that visible, and i know as soon as i do that, something else will get damaged

This may annoy some of you, but i can't say i'm not a fan of people using two parks as well, you will find that someone is more like to damage your car than using a single car park, if the parking is limited

There is a place in hell for people that damage and dent cars without taking reasonability, but taking up two parks for selfish reasons are not far away.

Back