Car Audio, Using Processor With Origional Head Unit

Maebb5087

Hi guys, just got a new stereo , id like to use my original head unit. so using a signal processor to retime all the delays JL audio fix 82,The processor has 8 channels to input. I was advised the t6 origional head unit has 2 channels? is this correct ? also what colours are the speakers wires or pin location in the block.

I'm a bit green to this and really would appreciate a heads up on getting this kit in. I have purchased a wiring extension to tap into

Here’s the pin out for the head unit.
C297E5CC-2490-44A4-8934-ED5D264D6855.jpeg

The fix 82 will remove any processing and equalisation from the head unit. It will give you a clean signal to feed into a DSP where you can split it into different channels and add your own delays and eq.

Here’s my setup couple of posts down Deaky’s Kombi to Camper journey

Thanks for the block info buddy!!!

Lovely system you have there, i just missed out on a hd amp and so went for a mates JL 300/4 and a Apline PDX 1.600

So i am a bit confused and hoping you guys can shed some light as I was told if you wire in the rear inputs the VW head unit fader doesn't work for the rear speakers? So was advised to wire from the wiring block 2 channels which is the front speakers in to the JL fix 82 and this would then process the signal for front rear and sub. The fix does have 8 channel input with phoenix connectors.

So my question is should i wire all channels from standard head unit into the JL fix 82 or just the two channels for front left and right and let the box do the rest?

What do you think seems theres so many way to do it

The fix unit is an 8ch input to a 2ch clean output. It isn’t a DSP. You need to feed the output of the Fix into either a TWK88 or TWK88D if your amps are digital. You can then configure the TWK to give you front high, front mid, front bass, sub and rear outputs for example. Each with fully configureable high, low and band pass filters plus full delay and eq control for each channel.

Will your amps take a line level input?

do they have any filtering built in?
If so then you might not need the fix

Cheers again, im using slash 300/4 channel amp for speakers this is Class AB amp and a Alpine PDX 1.600 mono class D so one of each I was hoping to avoid the twk if poss?

well i have broken my brain being a stereo green horn, but after reading some i have realised i will only receive 2 channels same through the JL amp so bit the bullet and going to buy a fix 86 as saves all the head ache

:thumbsup: Just be aware that the discovery media head unit needs a load connoted to the speaker output before the fade function becomes available. Connecting a DSP or an amp won’t enable it. It will still output to the rear but you won’t be able to fade between the rear and front

:thumbsup: Just be aware that the discovery media head unit needs a load connoted to the speaker output before the fade function becomes available. Connecting a DSP or an amp won’t enable it. It will still output to the rear but you won’t be able to fade between the rear and front
hello again, thanks for the advice so you saying i can enable the fade at all using fix 86?

the discovery media will only show the fader slider if it detects speakers connected to the rear outputs. The Fix82 or 86 will not present enough load. The head unit will still output a signal you just won’t be able to fade it. There are modules you can by to fool the HU into thinking there are speakers connected.

Last edited:
There are modules you can by to fool the HU into thinking there are speakers connected.

Yip, Jason at @Absolut5 can supply you with a speaker simulator to enable your fader to work. I needed the same thing when I installed an Alpine power pack under my factory head unit. Works a treat.

Here is a plug and play solution for the Fix range of processors FiX-LSA-4

hang on gents this is amazing but i have the fix 86 now will i still need the
FiX-LSA-4
Yip, Jason at @Absolut5 can supply you with a speaker simulator to enable your fader to work. I needed the same thing when I installed an Alpine power pack under my factory head unit. Works a treat.
You guys are great help!!! so have i got this right? i take the 2 channels( 4 wires) from the discovery head unit, wire them into the fix lsa , into the fix 86 and i will have fade on the head unit?

You guys are great help!!! so have i got this right? i take the 2 channels( 4 wires) from the discovery head unit, wire them into the fix lsa , into the fix 86 and i will have fade on the head unit?
I have ordered up the FIX adaptor just need a basic wiring sketch from the head unit just to make sure im doing this right cheers fellas

You’ll need 8 wired from the HU 4 for front L&R and 4 for rear L&R. Feed them all to the LSA4 then on to the Fix86. Thesis will make the HU think that it’s connected to speakers and not an amplifiers. Once enabled you will have the fade function on the HU. You’ll then have 3 stereo outputs from the Fix. A pair for the sub amp. A pair for the front amp and a pair for the rear amp.

you can use the TUN software to route the inputs to which ever output you want and EQ all the channels. You can use the software in demo mode. It’s good for learning how to use it :thumbsup:

You’ll need 8 wired from the HU 4 for front L&R and 4 for rear L&R. Feed them all to the LSA4 then on to the Fix86. Thesis will make the HU think that it’s connected to speakers and not an amplifiers. Once enabled you will have the fade function on the HU. You’ll then have 3 stereo outputs from the Fix. A pair for the sub amp. A pair for the front amp and a pair for the rear amp.

you can use the TUN software to route the inputs to which ever output you want and EQ all the channels. You can use the software in demo mode. It’s good for learning how to use it :thumbsup:
thanks again , but on the block diagram theyre all listed as front speakers?

Back