Captain's seat - purchase advice

OllieB2021

Hi, I've recently purchased a T6 and am new to the campervan world. We currently have a fixed passenger bench seat but would like to swap this out for single swivel seat to give us a bit more room. Can anyone give me any advice on what to look for, any pitfalls to be aware of and any general pointers. It's obviously not a cheap part to buy so would like as much info as possible before investing. Cheers.

Type site: T6 forum.com captains seat in Google and it will return result from this forum

Make sure it's a genuine T6 seat. I fell fowl in my early ownership of buying a pair of captains advertised as T5's, so should have fitted. They were actually non VAG with frame extensions.....

saying that, some people on here have used Golf seats with well engineered extensions and I'd be happy with those, especially as you will save cash

My T6 has a double front seat conversion on the passenger side using the original VW double bench seat as we understand it which we want to convert to a single swivel captains chair. Can someone advise on what we need to do and the parts to buy It obviously has a swivel plate but we are unsure if this will fit the proposed new single swivel seat or whether we need to buy a different swivel plate. The driver's seat is already a captains chair but does not swivel and will be left so. We also don't know if the 'carpet' will have been cut to fix the existing double swivel seat and as such if we will need to replace the mat to avoid exposing bare metal. Finally will the T6 need reprogramming to take out what will become a spare seat belt. Cloth or leather covering we can source later but the initial need is to identify what is needed. An estimate of a very rough cost might also help give a ball park figure. Thanks for any help and happy summer all.

You’ll need apart from the single seat, a single base, swivel (your current one won’t be usable). Usually the middle seat belt is not connected to anything so no coding required. You will have at least two bare holes visible but you can buy blanking plugs for them. Seats come up on here occasionally but there is always the usual listing site as well as a couple of convertors that usually have stock such as kernow, T5 Alive
Andysmee on here may also have one

Back